Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Re: C454e "TPM chip has been changed"

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Yes this article is missing now. And even more, now there is no mention to install this FW on next visit in the FW related doc.
    What a frickin' waste of time we've spent on this lately. I sure wish KM would pull their heads out of their collective asses!!
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Jumping Jack Flash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    What a frickin' waste of time we've spent on this lately. I sure wish KM would pull their heads out of their collective asses!!
    Unfortunately, it is hard to find this FW, but it is available for download.
    Recently I fought C654e on a panel with 2 pillars.
    It's a good idea to start your device without HDD first.
    Your procedure is very good.
    A5C10Y0-F000-GHV-M1-960-CHECKSUM-c5cb.ZIP
    A5C10Y0-F000-GHV-M1-990-CHECKSUM-c143.ZIP

Well, NOW KM decided to put up KBA00048704 again but it's been revised. WTF!!??

Related Products:bizhub 284e,bizhub 224e,bizhub 364e,bizhub 454e,bizhub 554e,bizhub 654e,bizhub 754e,bizhub C224e,bizhub C284e,bizhub C364e,bizhub C454e,bizhub C554e,bizhub C654e,bizhub C754e

Problem

The MFP (bizhub 4e series) will suddenly lose it's meters and serial number
    Note: The following messages will be shown and will not clear:

• "TPM Chip has been changed"
    • "Only black and white printing is possible."
    • "Fax is currently unavailable"
    • "Banner Print Job in Queue"

Solution

CAUSE: Issue will occur after powering OFF the MFP for a while specially after the weekend.

SOLUTION: Perform the steps below.
    1. Install the MFP Board if the board is a repaired board run the Reset Tar file 3 times on the MFPB
    2. Once the third Data initialization is complete Power Down the main power and wait 20 seconds
    3. Insert firmware stick with (latest Special firmware) and turn the MFP on
    4. When the firmware screen comes up check/correct Machine and Type, then flash firmware.
    5. After firmware has loaded, power down machine remove USB and power machine back on.
    6. Allow the MFP to perform it's recovery process if the CD390 occurs recover data.
    7. On reboot if the TPM chip has been changed message happens order a New SSD board through Warranty FOC program.
    8. Install new SSD Board and flash machine with latest special firmware
    9. Power ON machine and test all functions

Note: Please follow the READMe has specific instructions on "How to update the firmware.pdf". The latest version firmware is available for download via One Stop Product Support.

No mention of F/W GHV-M1 whatsoever. Again, WTF!!??
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Do you know the firmware that caused this?
    Is it better to leave it out of date or upgrade to the special version?

I am currently upgrading to G20-M1 in routine maintenance and this would not be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Do you know the firmware that caused this?
    Is it better to leave it out of date or upgrade to the special version?

I am currently upgrading to G20-M1 in routine maintenance and this would not be nice.
    No idea what needs to be done at this point since KM is being so completely vague about the whole GHV-M1 F/W now- (quoted from my previous post): "8. Install new SSD Board and flash machine with latest special firmware". Why in the heck would we flash with the latest special F/W when EACH special F/W is designed to fix a specific issue????!!

But the bulletin 11472 is still available so KM needs to get their act together and let us know EXACTLY what they want done. It's like 5 different dudes are working on this and not one of them talked to any of the others before putting out the info.

I just downloaded this directly from KM a few minutes ago and it still matches the one I downloaded a year ago.

11472 Screenshot.jpg

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    No idea what needs to be done at this point since KM is being so completely vague about the whole GHV-M1 F/W now- (quoted from my previous post): "8. Install new SSD Board and flash machine with latest special firmware". Why in the heck would we flash with the latest special F/W when EACH special F/W is designed to fix a specific issue????!!

But the bulletin 11472 is still available so KM needs to get their act together and let us know EXACTLY what they want done. It's like 5 different dudes are working on this and not one of them talked to any of the others before putting out the info.

I just downloaded this directly from KM a few minutes ago and it still matches the one I downloaded a year ago.

11472 Screenshot.jpg
    Unfortunately you are completely right on this topic. I guess we must wait until they clear the confusion.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi,

With this series (ended with 4e) we had many problems with MFP batteries. You shouldn't change the MFP board only check batterie it will be under 05,V instead of 3V. So change batterie. After that you will get massages about TPM and so on…
    Run MFP reset etc...It is written in the previous posts.
    This will solve the problem.

Gergő

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Hello,
    I've faced same problem today and do some investigation myself... In EU version of document concerning firmware there is statement:
    "It is not necessary to use the countermeasure firmware after that, because of spare part MFPB’s are not affected of the battery issue."

This means that new MFPB needs no special firmware GHV, if KM can be trusted...

BR
    I'll never ask if I didn't check user manual, service manual, parts list, BSI/TNI/TAD... web, existing threads.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Here is some update on my case. First of all many thanks to Gergo. Secondly Yes it is not needed to order any spare parts from KM, just 3 euro aftermarket battery 3V 2477. It is obviously that KM battery with 57 marking are bad eggs.

1. Change the battery.
    2. Use reset tool for MFP board 3 times successively. (Next time I'll try only once ...)
    3. Update firmware to the latest one - GDL. Check beforehand machine/type. In my case they were ok. GHV not needed.
    4. Go to service mode and check SW 10 - it was generic machine in my case. Check also Marketing area in System 1 - it was US not EU...
    5. Set serial numbers in service mode - printer, scanner and for any option.
    6. Activate HDD and download movie data.
    7. Do initial installation because it is new machine...
    8. Do any user setups - network, scan destinations etc.

Concerning #3 - GHV in my opinion must give a chance to change battery without settings lost. So #4-8 not needed. Need a proof.
    Concerning #7 - Stop-1-1-4-4-C the year is 2007. Could not made it 2020. In Admin mode it is possible to set it right.

Machine has full functionality so far.

Hope my procedure is most complete and usefull.

BR
    I'll never ask if I didn't check user manual, service manual, parts list, BSI/TNI/TAD... web, existing threads.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ivovb View Post
    Here is some update on my case. First of all many thanks to Gergo. Secondly Yes it is not needed to order any spare parts from KM, just 3 euro aftermarket battery 3V 2477. It is obviously that KM battery with 57 marking are bad eggs.

1. Change the battery.
    2. Use reset tool for MFP board 3 times successively. (Next time I'll try only once ...)
    3. Update firmware to the latest one - GDL. Check beforehand machine/type. In my case they were ok. GHV not needed.
    4. Go to service mode and check SW 10 - it was generic machine in my case. Check also Marketing area in System 1 - it was US not EU...
    5. Set serial numbers in service mode - printer, scanner and for any option.
    6. Activate HDD and download movie data.
    7. Do initial installation because it is new machine...
    8. Do any user setups - network, scan destinations etc.

Concerning #3 - GHV in my opinion must give a chance to change battery without settings lost. So #4-8 not needed. Need a proof.
    Concerning #7 - Stop-1-1-4-4-C the year is 2007. Could not made it 2020. In Admin mode it is possible to set it right.

Machine has full functionality so far.

Hope my procedure is most complete and usefull.

BR
    Thanks for feedback ivovb.
    So now here we have confirmed from several different members that in dreaded flat battery cases there is big chances that machine can be repaired without expensive board changes. Good to know 👍
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.