Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

C454e "TPM chip has been changed"

After replacing the SSDB for a constant rebooting problem, the machine asked to re-input the serial number - I had lost all info including the meters. I entered the serial # and a couple of other settings in the service mode - enabled the HDD, fixed the unit change settings - and rebooted. Now I get the message "TPM chip has been changed. Initialize TPM settings." Could I have missed a step or done something to mess this up? I only ask because I didn't get the message immediately, only after changing settings.

Re: C454e "TPM chip has been changed"

Have you consulted SM???
    There are steps for TPM..

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zesti View Post
    Have you consulted SM???
    There are steps for TPM..
    I have it. They want me to replace the SSDB again. I just want to know if I caused this somehow by missing a step in my settings.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    C454e "TPM chip has been changed"

did you select "backup engine data" BEFORE changing the SSDB? then choose restore after its 3rd reboot?
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    did you select "backup engine data" BEFORE changing the SSDB? then choose restore after its 3rd reboot?
    It wouldn't boot up, and I couldn't get into service mode. Just constant power cycling every 30 seconds.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

My experience is, replace both SSD and MFP, solved.

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Also, there is a F/W update to GHV-M1 for here in the states that KM basically says HAS to be installed to prevent the TPM issue. The sad thing is the F/W came out over a year ago but all it said was to install to prevent loss of data. But it said to install the F/W on the next service call. Doesn't sound too serious, right? Fast forward to a few weeks ago and they FINALLY gave details on why this F/W must be installed on all 4e series machines (except the top two largest in the whole series, C/654e & C/754e). We've been getting more serious about installing the F/W since they actually gave details on what could happen.

IMO, this should have been one of those things they paid us to do because if you get the TPM message, it's a RPIA to get the machine back up and running according to KBA00048704. Of course, now when I try to find that KB article, it's not there.

Here are the details from it, that I have saved from the Solutions.

Problem
    The MFP (bizhub 4e series) will suddenly lose it's meters and serial number
    Note: The following messages will be shown and will not clear:
    "TPM Chip has been changed"
    "Only black and white printing is possible."
    "Fax is currently unavailable"
    "Banner Print Job in Queue"

Solution
    CAUSE: Issue will occur after turning off the machine for a while specially after the weekend.
    SOLUTION:
    1. Have a new, unused SSDB, but do not install it yet.
    2. Order a new MFP Board
    3. Flash the MFPB with the Reset Tool 3 Times total with the old SSD Board.
    4. Once the 3rd flash of the MFPB says complete, turn off the MFP (DO NOT REBOOT).
    5. Install the new SSDB.
    6. Insert firmware stick with (latest base firmware) and turn the MFP on.
    7. When the firmware screen comes up check/correct Machine and Type, then flash firmware.
    8. After firmware has loaded, turn on the MFP normally.
    9. You may or may not get a CD390, Allow the MFP to perform it's recovery process if the CD390
    occurs.
    10.When the machine comes up, it should behave like a brand new machine again and will need serial
    number entered.
    11. In some cases, the entire install process may need to be done (security lines might occur.)
    12.Install the preventive firmware GHVM1

The original technical bulletin is 11472.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    Also, there is a F/W update to GHV-M1 for here in the states that KM basically says HAS to be installed to prevent the TPM issue. The sad thing is the F/W came out over a year ago but all it said was to install to prevent loss of data. But it said to install the F/W on the next service call. Doesn't sound too serious, right? Fast forward to a few weeks ago and they FINALLY gave details on why this F/W must be installed on all 4e series machines (except the top two largest in the whole series, C/654e & C/754e). We've been getting more serious about installing the F/W since they actually gave details on what could happen.

IMO, this should have been one of those things they paid us to do because if you get the TPM message, it's a RPIA to get the machine back up and running according to KBA00048704. Of course, now when I try to find that KB article, it's not there.

Here are the details from it, that I have saved from the Solutions.

Problem
    The MFP (bizhub 4e series) will suddenly lose it's meters and serial number
    Note: The following messages will be shown and will not clear:
    "TPM Chip has been changed"
    "Only black and white printing is possible."
    "Fax is currently unavailable"
    "Banner Print Job in Queue"

Solution
    CAUSE: Issue will occur after turning off the machine for a while specially after the weekend.
    SOLUTION:
    1. Have a new, unused SSDB, but do not install it yet.
    2. Order a new MFP Board
    3. Flash the MFPB with the Reset Tool 3 Times total with the old SSD Board.
    4. Once the 3rd flash of the MFPB says complete, turn off the MFP (DO NOT REBOOT).
    5. Install the new SSDB.
    6. Insert firmware stick with (latest base firmware) and turn the MFP on.
    7. When the firmware screen comes up check/correct Machine and Type, then flash firmware.
    8. After firmware has loaded, turn on the MFP normally.
    9. You may or may not get a CD390, Allow the MFP to perform it's recovery process if the CD390
    occurs.
    10.When the machine comes up, it should behave like a brand new machine again and will need serial
    number entered.
    11. In some cases, the entire install process may need to be done (security lines might occur.)
    12.Install the preventive firmware GHVM1

The original technical bulletin is 11472.
    I have this bulletin also, but it doesn't say at what point I'm supposed to replace the MFPB, it just says to order one.

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

What's REALLY suspicious about this whole GHV-M1 F/W thing is that now the only thing I can find about it is the original bulletin 11472. Konica Minolta seems to have deleted all the other info about this from all solutions files for the 4e series. I just downloaded the latest ones and the above info I posted is not in them. They update these on a daily basis or as new info is available, so why did they delete all of the info I posted above? Is it no longer viable? Was it a giant screw up on their part? Do we really need to put this special F/W on every 4e machine ASAP?

A few weeks ago, I emailed them about the solutions file being confusing since it mentions the C/654e & C/754e machines also needing the GHV-M1 update but there is no GHV-M1 F/W for these models on their site and never has been. Fast forward to yesterday when I was trying to find the info to post here and it's gone. I'm not trained on these models, so I can't just call them up and ask what the deal is. Also, we've never had this issue happen yet. Something really fishy is going on here, IMO.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread, mascan42.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    What's REALLY suspicious about this whole GHV-M1 F/W thing is that now the only thing I can find about it is the original bulletin 11472. Konica Minolta seems to have deleted all the other info about this from all solutions files for the 4e series. I just downloaded the latest ones and the above info I posted is not in them. They update these on a daily basis or as new info is available, so why did they delete all of the info I posted above? Is it no longer viable? Was it a giant screw up on their part? Do we really need to put this special F/W on every 4e machine ASAP?

A few weeks ago, I emailed them about the solutions file being confusing since it mentions the C/654e & C/754e machines also needing the GHV-M1 update but there is no GHV-M1 F/W for these models on their site and never has been. Fast forward to yesterday when I was trying to find the info to post here and it's gone. I'm not trained on these models, so I can't just call them up and ask what the deal is. Also, we've never had this issue happen yet. Something really fishy is going on here, IMO.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread, mascan42.
    Yes this article is missing now. And even more, now there is no mention to install this FW on next visit in the FW related doc.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.