ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Bizhub c554e, Firmware issue ??

Customer said the machine would not recognize paper on glass unless she rebooted every time. When I arrived, I could put it on the glass and move it to different positions and it seemed to work fine . Detected all sizes of paper. I did it 15 times. Then made a copy, and now it sees nothing on the glass until you reboot. I tried loading firmware but it would not take. Going back with different thumb drive tomorrow. Wanted to know if anyone had seen this before.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Woxner's Avatar

Re: Bizhub c554e, Firmware issue ??

clean the glass and mirrors cl underside of the glass even if it looks clean. do the erase adjustment. also ck df alignment for the magnet. some flash drive wont work. you can also try loading one part at a time controller last.

Quote Originally Posted by Woxner View Post
    clean the glass and mirrors cl underside of the glass even if it looks clean. do the erase adjustment. also ck df alignment for the magnet. some flash drive wont work. you can also try loading one part at a time controller last.

Thanks for the reply. Cleaned the mirrors. Flashdrive was just used on a 558e, I think the file may be corrupt. Going back with 3 drives just in case.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Make sure with the sensor checks if its work properly.

So far none of the basic stuff has worked. Tried firmware with a different stick, pulled a fresh file from KMBS, and on this one it would say I had an invalid external usb. Tried twice and tried the other stick twice, it was doing the same thing, not booting to anything. After I gave up on those, tried to reboot machine and it took almost 15 minutes to come up. She was pissed about the whole firmware thing. Didn't solve anything.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Invalid drive usually means wrong firmware or wrong format on the drive.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

I have a similar issue. Bought a Biz C284e from wholesaler and everything is working fine, except it had very old F/W. It will update everything fine except NG comes up for MFP. Tried 6 different USB sticks (all work with other bizhubs) and at least 10 different F/W's, even trying to load F/W versions in steps. Still no good. Then machine wouldn't even boot. Only way I was able to get to boot up was leave usb service port open.Everything seems to work fine with port open.

What concerns me and only reason I messed with the F/W was the issues with SMB 2 scanning. Since all the FW updated except MFP, including scanner does that mean the SMB 2 update is installed or is that done with MFP FW?

Any ideas appreciated.
    Thanks

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

ive gotten lucky twice when that happens, backup addy book to USB and then if you do a system data clear (initialize) the firmware takes. then movie data then restore address book.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    So far none of the basic stuff has worked. Tried firmware with a different stick, pulled a fresh file from KMBS, and on this one it would say I had an invalid external usb. Tried twice and tried the other stick twice, it was doing the same thing, not booting to anything. After I gave up on those, tried to reboot machine and it took almost 15 minutes to come up. She was pissed about the whole firmware thing. Didn't solve anything.
    Try to disconnect HDD and then update FW.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    I have a similar issue. Bought a Biz C284e from wholesaler and everything is working fine, except it had very old F/W. It will update everything fine except NG comes up for MFP. Tried 6 different USB sticks (all work with other bizhubs) and at least 10 different F/W's, even trying to load F/W versions in steps. Still no good. Then machine wouldn't even boot. Only way I was able to get to boot up was leave usb service port open.Everything seems to work fine with port open.

What concerns me and only reason I messed with the F/W was the issues with SMB 2 scanning. Since all the FW updated except MFP, including scanner does that mean the SMB 2 update is installed or is that done with MFP FW?

Any ideas appreciated.
    Thanks
    I guess you can always try if machine will scan with SMBv1 disabled on host PC.
    As per MFP=NG message check KBA01400074 article.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.