Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub "4" series tip

Bizhub "4" series tip

Just a quick tip on something I ran into a few times in last month. If you get indentations on the pages check for built up of hard toner on the black plastic exit rollers (see attached pic).

Using genuine K/M toner

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Bizhub "4" series tip

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Just a quick tip on something I ran into a few times in last month. If you get indentations on the pages check for built up of hard toner on the black plastic exit rollers (see attached pic).

Using genuine K/M toner
    Have you had to do the solenoid bumper mod for the duplex switchback units on any of the 4 series machines yet???Bizhub "4" series tip

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Have had this happen quite a few times. Get it while it is still warm you can mold the toner and it hardens pretty quick.

KEN

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub "4" series tip

[QUOTE=kenpio;1144468]Have had this happen quite a few times. Get it while it is still warm you can mold the toner and it hardens pretty quick.

KEN[/QUOTE

I figured it was common for me to see it a few times that soon. Posted it hoping to stop someone from doing the stupid thing like I did first time. Got a service call about indentations on page, assumed it was the fuser and swapped it out without looking close, still had the indents after. Ha-ha didn't see the black toner on the black rollers until I looked really close.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

This is common on 4e series. I think KM have had these rollers modified, but agree that black toner on black rollers is hard to see. I never do troubleshooting without my flashlight, ha-ha.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Yes its very common...
    I ordered the white transparent roller's of the 258 Series and i had never again this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    This is common on 4e series. I think KM have had these rollers modified, but agree that black toner on black rollers is hard to see. I never do troubleshooting without my flashlight, ha-ha.
    Headlight. Work Hands Free!Bizhub "4" series tip

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    Headlight. Work Hands Free!Bizhub "4" series tip

would love to see customer's face when you put this over the top of your head.

On a side note. One of the very best techs I know and long time friend of mine used to put on blue work apron, even at customers site, some of them seemed to like this... short one was indeed
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    would love to see customer's face when you put this over the top of your head.

On a side note. One of the very best techs I know and long time friend of mine used to put on blue work apron, even at customers site, some of them seemed to like this... short one was indeed
    I'd rather see DIRECTLY & CLEARLY what I'm looking at than not!!! I've fixed many a problem all because the previous tech(s) didn't have the light where they were looking and missed a simple critical detail!!! My favorite headlights are the USB rechargeable ones!!! Two used in rotation! While one is on my head, the other is in my van, charging whilst driving!!! If you haven't tried it, don't knock it!!!Bizhub "4" series tipBizhub "4" series tip

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    I'd rather see DIRECTLY & CLEARLY what I'm looking at than not!!! I've fixed many a problem all because the previous tech(s) didn't have the light where they were looking and missed a simple critical detail!!! My favorite headlights are the USB rechargeable ones!!! Two used in rotation! While one is on my head, the other is in my van, charging whilst driving!!! If you haven't tried it, don't knock it!!!Bizhub "4" series tipBizhub "4" series tip

👍 agree.
    Kinda hijacked useful hint from a fellow dude, sorry copyman.