Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Bizhub "4" series tip


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    2,035
    Rep Power
    70

    Bizhub "4" series tip

    Just a quick tip on something I ran into a few times in last month. If you get indentations on the pages check for built up of hard toner on the black plastic exit rollers (see attached pic).

    Using genuine K/M toner

  2. #2
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Meridian, MS
    Posts
    838
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Bizhub "4" series tip

    Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Just a quick tip on something I ran into a few times in last month. If you get indentations on the pages check for built up of hard toner on the black plastic exit rollers (see attached pic).

    Using genuine K/M toner
    Have you had to do the solenoid bumper mod for the duplex switchback units on any of the 4 series machines yet???Bizhub "4" series tip

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

  3. #3
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Erie,PA
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Bizhub "4" series tip

    Have had this happen quite a few times. Get it while it is still warm you can mold the toner and it hardens pretty quick.

    KEN

  4. #4
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Bizhub "4" series tip


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    2,035
    Rep Power
    70

    Re: Bizhub "4" series tip

    [QUOTE=kenpio;1144468]Have had this happen quite a few times. Get it while it is still warm you can mold the toner and it hardens pretty quick.

    KEN[/QUOTE

    I figured it was common for me to see it a few times that soon. Posted it hoping to stop someone from doing the stupid thing like I did first time. Got a service call about indentations on page, assumed it was the fuser and swapped it out without looking close, still had the indents after. Ha-ha didn't see the black toner on the black rollers until I looked really close.

  5. #5
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,358
    Rep Power
    61

    Re: Bizhub "4" series tip

    This is common on 4e series. I think KM have had these rollers modified, but agree that black toner on black rollers is hard to see. I never do troubleshooting without my flashlight, ha-ha.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

  6. #6
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Bizhub "4" series tip

    Yes its very common...
    I ordered the white transparent roller's of the 258 Series and i had never again this problem.

  7. #7
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Meridian, MS
    Posts
    838
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Bizhub "4" series tip

    Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    This is common on 4e series. I think KM have had these rollers modified, but agree that black toner on black rollers is hard to see. I never do troubleshooting without my flashlight, ha-ha.
    Headlight. Work Hands Free!Bizhub "4" series tip

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

  8. #8
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,358
    Rep Power
    61

    Re: Bizhub "4" series tip

    Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    Headlight. Work Hands Free!Bizhub "4" series tip

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    would love to see customer's face when you put this over the top of your head.

    On a side note. One of the very best techs I know and long time friend of mine used to put on blue work apron, even at customers site, some of them seemed to like this... short one was indeed
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

  9. #9
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Meridian, MS
    Posts
    838
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Bizhub "4" series tip

    Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    would love to see customer's face when you put this over the top of your head.

    On a side note. One of the very best techs I know and long time friend of mine used to put on blue work apron, even at customers site, some of them seemed to like this... short one was indeed
    I'd rather see DIRECTLY & CLEARLY what I'm looking at than not!!! I've fixed many a problem all because the previous tech(s) didn't have the light where they were looking and missed a simple critical detail!!! My favorite headlights are the USB rechargeable ones!!! Two used in rotation! While one is on my head, the other is in my van, charging whilst driving!!! If you haven't tried it, don't knock it!!!Bizhub "4" series tipBizhub "4" series tip

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

  10. #10
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,358
    Rep Power
    61

    Re: Bizhub "4" series tip

    Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    I'd rather see DIRECTLY & CLEARLY what I'm looking at than not!!! I've fixed many a problem all because the previous tech(s) didn't have the light where they were looking and missed a simple critical detail!!! My favorite headlights are the USB rechargeable ones!!! Two used in rotation! While one is on my head, the other is in my van, charging whilst driving!!! If you haven't tried it, don't knock it!!!Bizhub "4" series tipBizhub "4" series tip

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    👍 agree.
    Kinda hijacked useful hint from a fellow dude, sorry copyman.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here