Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Toner smear,lines on prints..Help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Hi, a question that may sound silly: is the toner original?
    The problem is that if you don't use it, you may have several drum failures, unusual fuser wear, transfer belt and more.

Even the drum tries to replace it with an original one. If you don't, you will initially think about saving but then you will have to pay to solve problems like this.
    Why do you assume a non original drum will cause problems? If you don't r/f them or use them yourself, that's fine. When it's your dollar, all year long x hundreds of drums, or you're saving the customer's dollar, you may think again. I can stand behind our rebuilds bc we have done many hundreds of them with maybe 1% higher fail rate. Meanwhile we've saved customers hundreds over their machine's life and saved us thousands. Quality control is the only point and you seem to think the OEM has a monopoly on that. Monopolies have backorders and charge what they want.
    Never stop thinking independently, even if you don't feel the economic impact. This is just my 30 years of finding a way to serve my customers best and save.make money. Every customer is different so there's no right or wrong. There's just options.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

It really depends a lot on the brand.

For example, with Ricoh printers I have always managed to use third-party parts without having many problems but with KM, every time I used non-original toner or non-original consumables, the customer called me more often.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts afterhours's Avatar

Drum unit will fix it. You can purchase a after market drum, charge grid, and blade. This will fix it. The quality and durability will not be as good as oem, i suggest oem.

You will need a descent Tech to do the install with aftermarket which will cost more money. With oem, you can install yourself and do gradation adjustments through administrator mode.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by afterhours View Post
    Drum unit will fix it. You can purchase a after market drum, charge grid, and blade. This will fix it. The quality and durability will not be as good as oem, i suggest oem.

You will need a descent Tech to do the install with aftermarket which will cost more money. With oem, you can install yourself and do gradation adjustments through administrator mode.
    Sorry for this rant but... some of us could use the business instead of sending end users to ebay.
    There's no charge grid on an 8 series.
    We're getting the same performance out of our refurbs as OEM.
    If a customer wants to buy a refurbished drum from us and install it themselves, they can. It's the exact same install. At least they will have a limited parts warranty because we stand behind our product. They will have exactly squat for warranty if they install an OEM drum.
    If you're going to bash aftermarket parts or independents, at least know the machine and quit assuming anything other than OEM is inferior. Countless times we do things different than the OEM and get a better result. If it weren't true we wouldn't keep our customers for 20~30 years, buying machines every 8 or 10 or 12 years instead of every 3 like the authorized dealers have them doing. It's not that hard keeping 3 year old machines running when you have a warehouse full of new parts that cost the tech nothing. Try troubleshooting problems only 12+ years of heat, dirt, wear and aging bring, and fixing them with parts from related models and aftermarket sources instead of saying sorry parts are n/l/a you'll have to buy a new machine. Oh, and firmware doesn't fix everything.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts afterhours's Avatar

Geez man. Relax. Clearly you have a biased agenda. I'm just a tech giving an opinion based on 22 years of experience. Maybe your right. Maybe You have the 1 after market drum unit that is equally as good as oem. It doesnt matter to me one bit. I'm just answering a question. I'm done with this nonsense.
    Im a Loser Baby!!!

Technician

Hi Guys,

Update:
    Changed the drum unit today. (toner smear problem solved)
    i myself installed the new unit.didnt wait for the tech as he was buys with calls.

But the lines on prints are very evident. can u pls help me solve this?

Thank you for ur support..

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    He never really said but I'm pretty sure the samples were fed LEF. My mistake, he did state it SEF
    it is SEF..the paper i mostly use is 12"x18"

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Toner smear,lines on prints..Help!!!

Did you wand the laser slit glasses, then do the color calibrations? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Toner smear,lines on prints..Help!!!

Sorry for this rant but... some of us could use the business instead of sending end users to ebay.
    There's no charge grid on an 8 series.
    We're getting the same performance out of our refurbs as OEM.
    If a customer wants to buy a refurbished drum from us and install it themselves, they can. It's the exact same install. At least they will have a limited parts warranty because we stand behind our product. They will have exactly squat for warranty if they install an OEM drum.
    If you're going to bash aftermarket parts or independents, at least know the machine and quit assuming anything other than OEM is inferior. Countless times we do things different than the OEM and get a better result. If it weren't true we wouldn't keep our customers for 20~30 years, buying machines every 8 or 10 or 12 years instead of every 3 like the authorized dealers have them doing. It's not that hard keeping 3 year old machines running when you have a warehouse full of new parts that cost the tech nothing. Try troubleshooting problems only 12+ years of heat, dirt, wear and aging bring, and fixing them with parts from related models and aftermarket sources instead of saying sorry parts are n/l/a you'll have to buy a new machine. Oh, and firmware doesn't fix everything.
    These could be my words. I would love to grab OEM parts as long as the company is healthy and te boss pays, but being an Indy it needs a different approach.

Thanks Don.

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Technician

Hi Guys,

Update:
    Finally after all these days, printer is back to normal. Finally Repaired...
    Cleaning of laser and drum unit changed.
    Next there is some damage on the IBT Belt. will replace that too soon. and a full service is need of the hour.

Thanks for all the love and support from all of you.. Appreciate that..