Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Bizhub 4050 originals throu jamming

Original jams 66-33, only double sided of course. Single sided no problem.
    Cleaned all rollers including plastic ones but still no-no. Maybe one original out of three jams when switching back almost same spot almost immediately after switch back. Had no time to do more tests, any hints are welcomed as usual.
    TIA, tsb
    Last edited by tsbservice; 01-07-2020 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Sorry can't edit title
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Bizhub 4050 originals throu jamming

Did you check sensors for that section,i mean does it function not just clean it?
    Recently have problem with 4020,took me a few hours to find bad sensor and i mean dead,not dirt and i have to measure voltage on pins coming from sensor to board to figure it.
    In my case it was sensor before transfer roller but i never seen before optic sensor totaly dead on KM, but this series is not KM so must to expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    Did you check sensors for that section,i mean does it function not just clean it?
    Recently have problem with 4020,took me a few hours to find bad sensor and i mean dead,not dirt and i have to measure voltage on pins coming from sensor to board to figure it.
    In my case it was sensor before transfer roller but i never seen before optic sensor totaly dead on KM, but this series is not KM so must to expect anything.
    Toxic thanks for heads up. I always try to describe the problem as much as possible so sensor test wasn't performed due to lack of time, in general my bad. I don't think sensor is totally dead but maybe dirty/ contaminated as some paper goes through. Paper doesn't seem to hit something or skewed when jammed.

P.S.
    I know you are normally working on bigger models so your input is much appreciated.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I agree,in most situations sensors are just dusty but dont totally exclude dead sensor if cleaning does not solve problem, like i said first time to see dead sensor on bizhub 4020 and at the same time sensor actuator works great,wires ok,sensor not damaged phisically...and still not working, just bad quality i would say.
    I heard from colleague who has more expirience with lexmark type mfps that sensors problems is not rare.

Ps:I always have the will to help anybody especially good and sensible guys and i did not forgot your hint for 950,i will try it tomorow
    In the meantime i have report from field from another 950 jam j-7216 so could be the same thing.

😄 Fingers crossed for us both.
    At least you have to deal with KM not Lexmark shity oops shiny boxes

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Hi, I have had a similar problem with a 4020.

After a paper jam, some pieces of paper got stuck. I was unable to remove the pieces of paper, so I had disassembled something in the back to access the problem.

After removing the card, everything went well, at least I believed. After a couple of days the customer calls me, the paper jams. I arrive, I make 20-30 copies and it doesn't jam. He calls me back the next day and I find that the problem only happens with the front and back.

Opening the 4020 again, I find that by opening the side cover (in addition to the rear one), the clutch (I don't remember what it is called) that takes care of going to the front / back, was disassembled! It was dangling inside the printer. I don't know how it happened, maybe the customer pulled too much paper in addition to tearing it.

Hey Bix, thanks for the tip I will look at this deeply later as after new year madness overload my days
    I went and put DF borrowed from another machine into the customer's one and problematic DF has to wait for a while in the shop my full attention.
    Many thanks everyone who took the time for input, your advices would be carefully used.
    I will let you know my findings.

To summarize my own old thread.
    I finally managed to get hands on our shop 4050 from which I borrowed DF for the customers. Their was sitting atop of our machine waiting for a while
    These DFs are not supposed to be repaired - no spare parts in manual besides whole DF.
    I take it appart and found that there is hidden one-way driving this stupid roller, it's called Paperfeed 1 roller in the manual to be more precise, remember no part numbers for those. One-way was sleeping its shaft, after some cleaning and working with my knife on the shaft, one-way started to grab shaft firmly.
    Have a good feeling...but alas damn thing still continue to jam on two sided originals.
    Initially I planned to play with this roller matching plastic two white rolls which are incorporated into jam access cover(together with pick/feed). Those plastic rolls are spring loaded against rubber rolls of Paperfeed 1 roller. Removed their two springs, cut shorter one mine spare spring into 2 pieces...BAM it started to work.
    I put through it like more than 150 2-sided original with no single issue.

This is a different issue, but a customer had issues with the ADF in the Bizhub 4050 as well, error code 66-02. Originally, I believed it was due to the Pickup Roller Assembly and Separation Roller being worn out. After replacing those in November, there were no issues with it. Then in December, customer started getting error code 66-02 again, but of course I wouldn't find out until end of January, as someone else at night uses the printer (24/7 customer location), and I wasn't told; instead I happened upon this error by way of a courtesy check, then checked the device's history and found out about the jams. Spoke with my manager and another manager and they both agreed for me to replace the ADF unit altogether. Has anybody had this issue before?

Also, some more info: I ran
    tests in the service mode though state confirmation>component check, and the error happens when I run ADF feed test Simplex test, Duplex test and FB feed test. Not sure why it comes up when I use FB feed test since that's the main scanner and not part of the ADF unless there is a sensor, motor, clutch, etc that connects the two.