Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    How to check Magnetic Roller Strength

My old school method is to turn the roller manually and make sure the whole roller is stick with developer.
    Any scientific way I can check the roller instead of my old school way.

This is what happen when I use my old school way.
    Last month it is full of developer, this month is not.

zzzzaaaaa.jpg

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Re: How to check Magnetic Roller Strength

The missing developer most likely has nothing to do with your magnetic roller losing any magnetism. I've only come across this issue (mag roller losing magnetism) a handful of times over the last 31 years and it was always on the same model, the Minolta 1030. Your issue is that the developer is missing from the developing unit for some reason and you need to find out why.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Agree, most likely machine is dumping developer into WTB. Also if you turn mag roller wrong side on some models there are Mylars that may flip and cause issues. I have maybe one failed magnetic roller, magnets broke inside.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Agree, most likely machine is dumping developer into WTB. Also if you turn mag roller wrong side on some models there are Mylars that may flip and cause issues. I have maybe one failed magnetic roller, magnets broke inside.
    in ANY SM that I've read over the past 31+yrs , there has always been a diagram showing WHICH direction to turn mag roller to avoid mylar flip. I have seen trained techs ignore that and then wonder why they have dumping and poor CQ.

only one mag roller I can remember was the cause... the enduser had dropped the cart, cracking the magnet inside the roller. VERY RARE.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

The main reasons I've seen for dumping developer is primary charge loss, or drum cleaning LED failure. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    in ANY SM that I've read over the past 31+yrs , there has always been a diagram showing WHICH direction to turn mag roller to avoid mylar flip. I have seen trained techs ignore that and then wonder why they have dumping and poor CQ.

only one mag roller I can remember was the cause... the enduser had dropped the cart, cracking the magnet inside the roller. VERY RARE.
    I've done this a few times myself, the last time on a bizhub C1060. Once that mylar flips from turning the wrong direction, the developer will all dump. And on the C1060 its a strip of metal ... very difficult to re-position. If you can get it started flipping back at one end, turning the roller in the correct direction will crawl it back with difficulty. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I've done this a few times myself, the last time on a bizhub C1060. Once that mylar flips from turning the wrong direction, the developer will all dump. And on the C1060 its a strip of metal ... very difficult to re-position. If you can get it started flipping back at one end, turning the roller in the correct direction will crawl it back with difficulty. =^..^=
    That's the main reason I always check the manual before even start working on developer unit. You can screw things badly in a blink
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    The missing developer most likely has nothing to do with your magnetic roller losing any magnetism. I've only come across this issue (mag roller losing magnetism) a handful of times over the last 31 years and it was always on the same model, the Minolta 1030. Your issue is that the developer is missing from the developing unit for some reason and you need to find out why. It can be also resolved with the help of scrap magnets
    The thing is that today magnets became rather widespread in the life of ordinary people and industry, as well. Today I found so many companies providing assistance in cargo lifting, delivery, cranes etc. with the help of electromagnets. But it is not soo simple to find the responsible person or company even in the mentioned area. It is very important in cooperation with such a company.

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnaDorr View Post
    The thing is that today magnets became rather widespread in the life of ordinary people and industry, as well. Today I found so many companies providing assistance in cargo lifting, delivery, cranes etc. with the help of electromagnets. But it is not soo simple to find the responsible person or company even in the mentioned area. It is very important in cooperation with such a company.
    WOW. That's your very first post here after joining over 3 years ago?? Thanks for the SPAM! The not so subtle editing of my quote is pretty low. Just go away. Oh look, you now have a red card!!
    Last edited by srvctec; 02-24-2020 at 04:17 PM.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    WOW. That's you very first post here after joining over 3 years ago?? Thanks for the SPAM! The not so subtle editing of my quote is pretty low. Just go away. Oh look, you now have a red card!!
    Yeah, I was thinking yesterday exactly what you say but decided he/she don't deserve my(our) time. I guess if my post was quoted by sneaky person I would be more irritated.
    +1 RC