Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KM 601

KM 601

Hi
    I have replaced new developer but after 5k prints excess toner is getting added in the devloper, toner is getting accumulated under the magnetic roller. Black background on copy/ print . any suggestions???

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: KM 601

Did you reset developer and replace drum together with developer?
    Bad drum can cause this.
    Toner OEM?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    KM 601

Bizhub 601 is a notorious notorious dumper. Only use OEM supplies in this model. Even then you will still get some toner dribbling down. Really nothing you can do about it. Make sure you replace the developing suction filter on the side. If it's clogged the problem will be much worse.

This is an old model so I would suggest replacing it.

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by wjurls View Post
    Bizhub 601 is a notorious notorious dumper. Only use OEM supplies in this model. Even then you will still get some toner dribbling down. Really nothing you can do about it. Make sure you replace the developing suction filter on the side. If it's clogged the problem will be much worse.

This is an old model so I would suggest replacing it.

Lee
    Thank you for your reply Lee!

Yes the drum and devloper is KM original parts but still I see toner dribbing down :mad

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    KM 601

hey, the 601 i believe the charge grid voltage has to be set to the voltage stamped on the rear flange of the drum.
    this requires a meter that does up to 800V.
    if you dont have one you cant service the machine properly.
    then run the LD1 and LD2 adj so just a faint box appears between the lines of the test sheet.
    failure to set the proper voltage is a huge no-no.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    hey, the 601 i believe the charge grid voltage has to be set to the voltage stamped on the rear flange of the drum.
    this requires a meter that does up to 800V.
    if you dont have one you cant service the machine properly.
    then run the LD1 and LD2 adj so just a faint box appears between the lines of the test sheet.
    failure to set the proper voltage is a huge no-no.
    Any procedure to set the voltage?

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    KM 601

its been in the service manual for over 10 years.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    KM 601

Did you do the peculiarity adjustments in service manual after replacing drum & dev? There are like 10 peculiarity adjustments that have to be done in "proper order"

When is last time 250k maint kit was installed?

Like the other posters said this model was a toner dumping PIG! Main reason is one of the biggest design flaws in copier history, recycling waste toner! Contaminates developer with paper dust, etc. than crashes developer. Not saying this is your problem with only running 5k but something to keep an eye on in future. If you vacuum waste toner out of drum cleaning unit and recycling tube on regualr basis you will get the full life out of developer.

I finally replaced the last 601 a few years back. On a side note, this is the only model I've sold that cost me losing a major account. Customer bought two brand new 601's (only option at that time) and they were bad right out of the box. After Kon/Min OEM rep got them working decent they still were never right. I was there for jamming one or two times per week! Ricoh came in and unhooked the account from me!

Not worth the aggravation when you can replace with a B&W Biz 654e or even 554e, you can buy off lease with LOW meter for around $1,000, sell to customer for $3,000 - $4,000 and they will love you with all the money saved. One thing with newer Bizhubs, when you sell to a customer they will buy from you again in 5 years. Once they see the reliability and what's saved on service & consumables why would they go with anything else!

I have a lot of 601 parts taken off machines before sending to scrap yard. Let me know if you need anything
    Last edited by copyman; 01-16-2020 at 12:40 PM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

2. Change DIP switch 27, bit 0 to 1.
    3. Change DIP switch 27, bit 1 to 0.
    4. Change DIP switch 27, bits 5 and 6 to 1.
    5. Change DIP switch 27, bit 7 to 0 to ensure the recycle clutch turns all of the time.
    6. Interlock the front door and verify the recycle unit turns and cannot be easily stopped by hand. If
    stopped easily, replace the clutch (p/n 56AA 8202 2) and one-way gear on the rear frame (p/n 56AA R706
    00).

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    KM 601

The 601s are pigs. They will always dribble toner onto the T/S section (another known issue is the locktight on the T/S breaks loose runs into the drum). You might want to check the polyurethane foam seals on the dev unit.
    You must follow the Service Manual to a T when performing a PM and/or dev and reset counters.

I recommend performing a PM concurrently with a dev replacement--no exceptions.

What I used to do was keep some 12x18 cardstock sheets behind the machine and run those through a few times to clean up the drum & T/S area and instructed the owners to periodically do the same.