Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C454e dead, no power

C454e dead, no power

Machine was working fine yesterday today they come in to turn it on it’s completely dead tried different power outlets nothing appears wrong with the machine as far as physical look at the boards and such.

completely no power fans are not even turning on is there a hidden fuse somewhere on this thing that could’ve popped?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    C454e dead, no power

Re: C454e dead, no power

Quote Originally Posted by mrfuser View Post
    Machine was working fine yesterday today they come in to turn it on it’s completely dead tried different power outlets nothing appears wrong with the machine as far as physical look at the boards and such.

completely no power fans are not even turning on is there a hidden fuse somewhere on this thing that could’ve popped?
    get out your point to point.. find the various fuses in the LVPS & HVPS... test the fuses w/ OHM meter compare.. then do continuity check on harnesses.

did you PULL the PWR boards and check BOTH sides visually?

could the outlets have dips-n-surges on the lines? Voltage on negative lines?

some troubleshooting beyond VISUAL is required on these issues!

C454e dead, no power

thank you for that and yes I am not a rookie I do understand all that but in my 30+ years I can’t tell you how many times a technician has replied on here and said oh that’s a problem with these machines just replace fuse number so-and-so and boom it’s fixed!

just looking for the quickest repair without having to do too much work. I’m too old for that LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    get out your point to point.. find the various fuses in the LVPS & HVPS... test the fuses w/ OHM meter compare.. then do continuity check on harnesses.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post

Yes, staring at dead machine won't revive it. Some real troubleshooting steps are needed.

Follow these steps, precisely:
    Verify that the MFP is plugged in and the wall outlet is supplying sufficient voltage. With a multi-meter, check the wiring from the wall outlet to SW1 to CN001-1 and 2 on the DC power supply (DCPU). Voltage should be supplied across CN001-1 and 2 on the DCPU.
    Verify that MEMB/1 memory DIMM is installed correctly. Clean/reseat DIMM(s). If suspect, replace the DIMM(s) (Memory modules).
    Is 5V DC at CN006-5 on the DC power supply (DCPU) and 24V DC at CN007, pins 1 and 3? If not, even if only one voltage is missing, replace the DCPU.
    If the previous troubleshooting steps have not resolved the issue, check if LED1 on the Printer control board (PRCB) is blinking and/or ICP17 is OPEN. If LED1 is NOT blinking or the ICP is OPEN, replace the PRCB.
    If still a "no power" symptom, replace the MFPB.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

O by the way, don't thank me. Just follow up as I can't remember how many threads you started here and not finished them with a problem resolution.
    If you want quick answers why never acknowledge them?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

By chance instead the network port flashes? It happened to me that it didn't turn on due to faulty RAM

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    C454e dead, no power

Can you hear the warm-up sound when the main power switch is turned ON?
    If no sound is heard at all, the power unit is defective.
    If you hear a warm-up sound but the screen is blank, the motherboard is malfunctioning.
    If you think the main board is bad, please reseat the memory.

C454e dead, no power

Mfp board took a dump. Tried another and it came right on so off to Hytec with this one!