Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: C224e-No response from NIC

Quote Originally Posted by Rewind! View Post
    Thank you for your input! We normally alreayd send out boards out to Hytec, was thinking if there was anything else on the MFP side that we could try. I had read that there was a NIC reset which involved the NVRAM, but Im not to sure how this procedure works, and dont have the flash files needed, so Hytec it is!

Thanks again for your time!

Rewind!
    Use this to clear network settings.
    [System 1] -> [Initialization] -> Network Setting Data -> To clear network-related settings
    But I'm afraid that copyman is right about portion of MFPB being dead.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

There could be a few reasons why the MFP does not pull a DHCP address

1. Port security
    2. VLAN involved
    3. Network at 1GB, e series only supported to 100MB full duplex
    4. Routing through a hub versus a switch
    5. Cabling other than Cat5e or Cat6
    6. MFP NIC set at 1/2 duplex, or lower than 100MBS
    7. MFP not set for DHCP ( if you are seeing a 169.X.X.X address then DHCP is on and you are getting the typical APPIPA address)

If you are trying to connect directly to a laptop

Set the laptop IP scheme and drop speed down to 100MB, on MFP disable DHCP and set the IP to laptop schema +- 1 (other than the network address or .255)
    On MFP verify NIC is at full auto and 100MBS

If after all of this you still can't ping and see basic connection LEDs you may have a bad protection capacitor
    You can also try going into ADMIN and turning TCP/IP off then back ON (with power cycle each time. This is like a NIC reset. E

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C224e-No response from NIC

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Not sure it would be a good idea to use the NVRAM reset tool if you are going to be putting in a repaired / cleansed board from Hytec or another machine. It makes it so much easier if you use the original NVRAM when replacing the MFP board.
    Well he has not said he sent it out yet, and aside from avoiding the black squares of shame, I fail to see how a NVRAM reset would cause additional complications (maybe the i-option licensing stuff too). Am I forgetting something?

I looked through the SM and the Active Solutions there is no mention of a NVRAM reset tool (FW) or the NIC reset only option that resided in the older NVRAM reset tools. I no longer have access to KM confidential nonsensical login, can someone confirm for the Cxx4 series?