Technician
    Bizhub C6500 - Code C-3801, TEMS/1 temperature suddenly drops after random time

Hello,

I have an issue with my printer which I could diagnose only by monitoring sensors output.

After a random amount of time (sometimes 5 minutes, last time 27 minutes), in fusing unit, temperature recorded on TEMS/1 suddenly drops in half and the machine stops.

I checked / cleaned all four temperature sensors and all 3 thermostats (heater and pressure). Nothing helps. I was afraid to swap TEMS/1 with TEMS/2 because I wasn't sure they are the same, although they look the same.

I really suspect the TEMS/1 to be the faulty one, but I need to be more sure. Can anyone advise me please?

I recorded the moment when temperature drops, here is the link:

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Bizhub C6500 - Code C-3801, TEMS/1 temperature suddenly drops after random time

That is not rare problem on that machines,i always have 1 spare sensor for them.
    Both sensors are the same,different is just wires length from sensor to connector.
    I am almost sure new sensor will solve your problem.
    Only once i have that error and it was not sensor problem, it was paper betwean sensor and fusing belt so sensor could not read properly.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Bizhub C6500 - Code C-3801, TEMS/1 temperature suddenly drops after random time

replace sensor short of a wire being broken, would replace sensor.