Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    developer charge problem on C454e

Re: developer charge problem on C454e

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I will NEVER, EVER use Katun's toner in ANY of my machines, ever again....
    Hear, hear......

Katun's handling of my warranty claims on their toner was HORRIFIC, to say the least.
    Sounds VERY familiar to me. Had this not with toner but parts.

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Post Re: developer charge problem on C454e

Quote Originally Posted by Oystercopy View Post
    3. New Toner (Katun)

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I will NEVER, EVER use Katun's toner in ANY of my machines, ever again.... I was using their Toshiba toners for years, and starting having major CQ issues and premature parts failures throughout the entire machine before I realized it was the lousy Katun toner. And Katun's handling of my warranty claims on their toner was HORRIFIC, to say the least.

I might suggest that in this instance, the machine is not recognizing the Katun toner as legit and is possibly not running the hopper motor accordingly, unless (of course) you're forcing the toner down into the developer unit through service mode... but in normal mode, it may not be able to be recognized by the machine and is backfiring on you.

Just my 2 cents...
    OC
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    Hear, hear......

Sounds VERY familiar to me. Had this not with toner but parts.

Hans
    I'm just grateful to hear from both of you that I made right decision to deflect my boss from using Katun's reseller offer not so long ago.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Yes the katun toner is an issue the dev will not last...
    Exept been using the TN217/414 universals for some time with ok results on the 223/423 machines.

Wonder if the dev unit did reset. Check the date under consumable life.
    Its not supposed to go under 4% without an error C-255X so you could have an article release issue.

Tone it up to you liking and then reset is again with an aftermarket reset chip...
    Whatever

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

So just to be clear, you replaced the Katun Toner and everything is now rainbows and butterflies?

Katun toner is garbage--in my experience. The brand is alright in certain situations though. That said, Konica is notoriously incompatible with compatible toners (as opposed to say HP), I just recently ran into a case where a compatible Cyan cart (looked like OEM as first glance) was spitting a Cyan background on pages with any color content (mono was fine). Ran 255 halftone until hopper was near-empty, replaced cyan cart and good as new.
    I mention this in particular because this is the first time I have seen a compatible CMY toner really cause such catastrophic failure. Seen it far too many times with K toner. I think this has to do with with the fact that most businesses run relatively few color prints, but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by furius View Post
    Hi guys, I have a problem that I can't solve with a c454e. (256.000 copy)
    The machine does not load toner into the developer during printing.
    The strange thing is that if the charge is performed manually the developer is regularly charged, but as soon as you start printing the developer drops to 1% until the machine goes into error.

The following tests were carried out:
    1. Installation of a new developer.
    2. Complete cleaning of the toner tank + lubrication of the charging gears.
    3. New Toner (Katun)

During printing, the toner bottle moves and the charge motor moves with ease but does not load the developer with toner.
    With manual charging from the service menu, everything is ok.
    Do you have any solution on this?
    Thanks so much
    Seen a lot of machines doing that (normally beyond 500k) either c220/c280/c360 and the 4 series. As somebody say a few comments ahead is probably the hopper section. If you can swap it with another machine you can do the test.

had a client that Went with this issue for one year only open and closing front door before every job 😑😑😑 It was at least silly but worked 400k more...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sanvicente View Post
    had a client that Went with this issue for one year only open and closing front door before every job 😑😑😑 It was at least silly but worked 400k more...
    I still have cX50s out there that require this massaging... It is really too bad that the hopper filler option was never added to them in SM (pretty sure it would have only required implementing code already applied to newer models). I remember seeing that option for the first time on relatively newer models and was pleasantly surprised.