Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Bizhub new firmware: marketplace G00-X4

Hello guys,

today I made a bitter discovery. The new bizhubs you will buy now have the G00-X4 with the same configurations as the iSeries.

So you need to disable the security messages, make sure that ip filtering does not create problems and disable the marketplace.

In iSeries I have no difficulty disabling it. Before I disabled it from "Network - IWS Settings" or in the new firmware there was even the voice to disable the Marketplace.

Unfortunately on bizhub series 8 I don't find the function to disable Marketplace. If I remove it from the icons, the next restart it reappears.

Any suggestions?
    thank you

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Bizhub new firmware: marketplace G00-X4

Remove it completely by openAPI remove tool.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

it's bizarre because I tried with OpenAPI Application but it doesn't detect it. Maybe because the icon is "marketplace installer" and actually still is not installed.

Unfortunately, if I disable it from the icons, it reappears on the next restart.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

leave IWS ON, remove marketplace, cycle power..We had this issue where the MFP was trying to reach out to the marketplace website to update itself. No market place app were in use and we got a unable to connect error message that was pissing the customer off. This was the only way to get rid of marketplace. E

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Huh??! I've updated DOZENS of 8 series (7 and 9 series also) machines to the X4 F/W and never had Marketplace come into play on any of them. Never had a customer complain about anything new after the update, either. We don't setup any customer to use the Marketplace in the first place, so maybe that's why?

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding. Do you mean only new machines that come with X4 preinstalled, have the marketplace and same look as i series?
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    it's bizarre because I tried with OpenAPI Application but it doesn't detect it. Maybe because the icon is "marketplace installer" and actually still is not installed.

Unfortunately, if I disable it from the icons, it reappears on the next restart.
    Aha, so it's actually not installed but icon to install it appears on new machine display?
    I'm going to install C258 on monday and will observe the situation.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Here's the trick! Following the procedure that worked:
    1. IWS is not present unless you enable the browser first. So I first enabled the browser.
    2. After restarting the MFP, I have access to the IWS function.
    3. Open OpenAPI Manager and finally Market Place has appeared.
    4. I have removed the marketplace

(only in news mfp with G00-X4)

Glad you sorted out this. By helping yourself you hopefully in the future save some fellow tech time and griefs.

Bad news! I was convinced it was the definitive solution. Even after uninstalling with OpenAPI manager, the button reappears! I don't remember if right after the reboot or after the MFP has been off for some time

I guess I can't do much

You can always try to downgrade FW version.