Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts larweedad's Avatar

i Series printing with mac

I have a costumer that has C300i. they have had it for quite a while. They do use user authentication. The ones that uses mac computers and I Phones can no longer print to the copier. It shows off line or never prints. look in the job list, nothing there from a mac since Monday morning. Updated the firmware to G00-75 and rechecked sleep and power settings--all good. turn off authentication, still will not print. The drivers were downloaded and install from KM site. Using a MAC, I can get on the pagescope. Now the part that has me stumped, ALL PCs print fine with zero problems. What am I missing? I know some mac but not a clue on this issue. Thanks.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Re: i Series printing with mac

Are the Windows machines printing with PCL or PostScript? (Sorry, I don’t know this model at all.)

I would assume the Macs are printing with PostScript.

I’m asking because if the PCs are using PCL, there may be a problem with the PostScript portion of the machine.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts larweedad's Avatar

PCs are all using PCL drivers.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Have the Macs upgraded the operating system recently?

I've seen this before at a real estate office. All agents using Macs. All updated OS last week. All cannot print now. It was on Toshiba printers but the same principle. It turns out that Toshiba had not yet written a PPD for this particular version of the OS, but an older version worked ... or used to work until the most recent update. Now it doesn't work.

All I could recommend is downgrading the OS, until Toshiba catches up. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Do not use Air Print on the Macs. It is just as bad as the WSD port on Windows. Setup by IP using the LPD port.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by larweedad View Post
    PCs are all using PCL drivers.
    Try installing the PostScript driver on a PC and see what happens to help isolate the problem.

I would highly recommend installing it on your notebook and not on one of their PCs. No point in risking really snarking someone off should something stupid happen.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Woxner's Avatar

The new McIntosh system update to operating system Catalina 10. 1. 5 is causing major compatibility issues. The new operating system no longer recognizes any 32-bit programs, including all of the Konica drivers for Emperon controllers. There is no work around at this time, and SSD said that there will be a new driver available by the end of January. The upgrade to EFI for their new 6.4 operating system with 64-bit drivers is required with this new upgrade. At this point, there is no known fix for the machines equipped only with an Emperon controller.

FYI

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Have the Macs upgraded the operating system recently?

I've seen this before at a real estate office. All agents using Macs. All updated OS last week. All cannot print now. It was on Toshiba printers but the same principle. It turns out that Toshiba had not yet written a PPD for this particular version of the OS, but an older version worked ... or used to work until the most recent update. Now it doesn't work.

All I could recommend is downgrading the OS, until Toshiba catches up. =^..^=
    I have personally tested and can confirm that the Toshiba V7.99 driver aka ColorMFP-V7 USA works A-OK with the latest iOS 10. 15.2 Catalina Mac OS.

You might find the attached helpful.

Dept Code Printing with OSX 10.15.pdf

If you do not have a Mac Airpad/laptop to play with you can rent one virtually in the Cloud for approx $27.00 week per week from MacinCloud - Rent a Mac in the Cloud! - Mac in Cloud with full Admin rights.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

It might be as simple as removing printer and re adding it

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Hi, for safety I would try to disable IP filtering in the network settings. A customer was unable to install the driver and was unable to locate the C250i. By disabling ip filtering, it worked again.