Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Yellow color is not printing Konica Minolta C224e

How about some half-tones. That will help a ton.
    Whatever

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Yellow color is not printing Konica Minolta C224e

I had a similar issue on a C258, would not print yellow, but other colours were fine. Went through all the troubleshooting, swapped m drum for y, tried different Y dev, replace HVT, power supply, and PH unit, all to no effect. Transfer belt as well. It ended up being the transfer belt pressure retraction clutch, in the fuser drive assembly, and the only reason I checked that, is because the fuser drive had previously been disassembled and cleaned because of a noise issue. The clutch slipped just enough so that the Yellow 1st transfer would not pressure up against the drum, but did not affect the M and C.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Yellow color is not printing Konica Minolta C224e

Color registration is also off. What P codes are you getting? What are the IDC values for the front and rear sensors? Do they change? Should vary from approx 0 to 3.4 volts. If one is not changing, and I have seen this on quite a few 4, 4e and 8 series machine, then replace the IDC sensors. Same sensors for 4, 4e and 8 series, so if you have a parts machine, replace the whole bracket with 2 sensors, and then redo gradations

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Just has one that reproduced the color test page perfectly, yellow gradation pattern was spot on. P codes and the inability to run stabilization. Customers print jobs with yellow came out pink..Tried Y dev and rear IDC, but turned out to be the print head.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strider5555 View Post
    I had a similar issue on a C258, would not print yellow, but other colours were fine. Went through all the troubleshooting, swapped m drum for y, tried different Y dev, replace HVT, power supply, and PH unit, all to no effect. Transfer belt as well. It ended up being the transfer belt pressure retraction clutch, in the fuser drive assembly, and the only reason I checked that, is because the fuser drive had previously been disassembled and cleaned because of a noise issue. The clutch slipped just enough so that the Yellow 1st transfer would not pressure up against the drum, but did not affect the M and C.
    This is wonderful story. First time hear of such. Thanks for warning us.
    That's why I love this game! You never know what comes next
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    Just has one that reproduced the color test page perfectly, yellow gradation pattern was spot on. P codes and the inability to run stabilization. Customers print jobs with yellow came out pink..Tried Y dev and rear IDC, but turned out to be the print head.
    Interesting, Thank you Ed.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hobbele View Post
    for me it was also a C364e!

can you explain how the error occurs? I disassembled the laser and saw nothing
    The cyan color issue happened about a month ago for us. I still have the laser unit sitting on a shelf with the samples and a note on it. Unfortunately I have not had the time to look into what might be causing the problem yet.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Has anyoned tried printhead reset?
    Just an idea.