Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

C300i 30-03 Jam code

Hi Folks,
    We have a C300i right out of the box that jams. It does one sided real nice, when we go to use duplex, it may do one okay, sometimes, but it will never do two pages with a jam code of 30-03. It came with firmware 45 on it and we upgraded it to 75. What is really strange is that is wraps the paper around the the sync-roller! It folds it in half and it is around the roller. Have not been to class on this yet so I cant call into KM. Just wondering if any have seen this?

Thanks
    KEN

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: C300i 30-03 Jam code

I was wondering that nobody has this problem either. When setting up the machine i had duplex paper jam on 3 or 4 devices ... But only one duplex jam and after they run and run and run.
    The paper was stopped after the fuser and was curled... maybe the switch guide.

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Same result from each paper source (all trays including bypass)?

Is there any additional paper cabinet attached?
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Check the guide on the transfer belt is clipped in properly.

The paper could be catching there. Happens more on the second side due to paper curl.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

There is only the two trays on the machine and it is only jamming when long edge feed is used 8.5x11. When we feed it short feed it runs good. It happens before the fuser and transfer. It paper is folded almost in half, about an inch shy of a half fold.
    So was on the phone with KM this morning, managers number, about an hour and a half. So we took the registration unit from a machine that we have in our showroom and put it in this machine. It works! So now to get a reg unit from KM and maybe a payment for the time that we put in to set this up!! Yea right!!

Thanks
    KEN

C300i 30-03 Jam code

Hi Ken

I have a machine that just started having this same problem. Did you find a fix for it?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    C300i 30-03 Jam code

Quote Originally Posted by CloneTJ View Post
    Hi Ken

I have a machine that just started having this same problem. Did you find a fix for it?
    clearly you didn't read the WHOLE thread

from Ken

So was on the phone with KM this morning, managers number, about an hour and a half. So we took the registration unit from a machine that we have in our showroom and put it in this machine. It works! So now to get a reg unit from KM and maybe a payment for the time that we put in to set this up!! Yea right!!

C300i 30-03 Jam code

You are correct.
    I did not. I didn't realize that I had missed the last post until I posted. However, I still have a question. Was replacing the Reg unit a permanent fix?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    C300i 30-03 Jam code

Quote Originally Posted by CloneTJ View Post
    You are correct.
    I did not. I didn't realize that I had missed the last post until I posted. However, I still have a question. Was replacing the Reg unit a permanent fix?
    since his post is dated 1-23-2020 and no further posts from the OP I would venture a guess and say YES it was the fix.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Permenent fix of one machine problem does not mean it will solve 100% similar problem on another machine.
    May be this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Woxner View Post
    found this a Problem Intermittent 32-05, 30-03 and 93-10 jam codes along with paper creasing.

Solution
    CAUSE: Possible incorrect positioning of the Exit path switch solenoid (SD3)

SOLUTION: Adjust (SD3) Exit Path Switch Solenoid, by performing the following.
    1. Before adjusting SD3 Please insure that the machine is Level
    2. After removing the Exit/Reverse section

#3 shown in the image above is SD3
    3. Loosen one screw and remove the metal cover
    4. Loosen 2 screws holding SD3 apply downward pressure to the solenoid and tighten the two screws again
    5. Check to operation of SD3 manually
    Notes:
    a. If needed you can oval out the plastic holder of SD3 to adjust further (recommended)
    b. By adjusting SD3 (#6 in image below) by 1 or 2 mm the gate will open further reducing the intermittent jams

A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.