Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    End-User
    C258 Change Drum Units message with 30% life remaining

Re: C258 Change Drum Units message with 30% life remaining

I'll try that tomorrow morning, thanks for the suggestion. Never used a USB drive, to print or scan, before this mess.

So I should understand is really important to get that list printed, I'll try some more tomorrow, maybe I'll finally catch a break.

End-User

Hey guys,

So i decided to do a full firmware install, prepared two USB devices with the firmware and movie data and went to the unit, but i first took tbservice's advice and did a [Clear All Data] operation. Waited for it to finish and decided to do a print check... and what do you know, it worked!!

Yes, this is right, all it took was this step and now the unit is fully functional, acct track, scan to smb, airprint and all the stuff we need!

Worth to mention that after the operation, the IP was messed up (169.254.x.x), so i turned off TCP/IP, rebooted the machine and turned it on again and this time it registered a proper lan IP, which i changed to a manual one after.

A few follow up clarifications:
    1. How can i set the default Copy color to B/W?, because now its on Auto Color and this is not how i want it.
    2. The LifeStop settings are all set to OFF in CE mode, is there any way to get notified about consumables issues now, or should i just check it from time to time?
    3. I don't see the movie animation warning anymore, can i leave it as is and not install it anymore? I feel kinda jumpy now and don't want to mess it up again.

Thank you all for helping me, much appreciated!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Hi, here are the answers for you:

1. You can set black and white by default. You first set your printing preferences in the display and then go to Utilities - Utility settings - Copy settings - Copy default settings: Current settings.

If you print from a PC, you obviously change this from your printing preferences

2. You could ignore the life of consumables. When you notice quality problems, you change them. Sometimes they last longer than what is shown on the display. If you have a good budget, it is always better to replace them when it requires to keep your Bizhub C258 healthy. If you access the printer via browser by entering the IP address, you can be notified via email for the consumables. Warning: you must first configure SMTP in network settings.

3. Chances are you left HDD off. When you clear all data it is disabled. If you don't enable it, you may have problems when you scan many sheets or when you send a high volume of pages. To enable it: Service mode - System 2 - pag 2 - HDD - click on Installed. Don't worry if you see that no HDD is set up. Before it becomes "Installed", it takes several seconds.

After restarting the MFP, it asks you to install animated guide. Insert the key with the file in the main folder. Log into Service mode - system 2 - install data and select Movie. After a few minutes the C258 will tell you to restart.

Done!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Hi looper, Bix beat me to answer your questions.
    As I said before if every user and even some techs were like you it will be better place here.

Congrats! You exceeded my expectations. Well done!
    tsb
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

End-User

Managed to set the default Copy settings to BW and yes, on the pc side i have set bw as default option and they can choose auto color when need be.

I'll do the email notifications setting and hope it will work, but it's also very easy to check it from time to time or notice printing issues.

The HDD was indeed Not Installed, so i set it to Installed, did a format and of course all the settings were lost, but this time i had a backup and restored them in no time. Also managed to install movie data and the animation error, that reappeared after the HDD install, it's now gone also.

Now i finally managed to export to usb the MM list, worked from the first try with one of the previously tried usb devices, attached. Maybe there's something useful to learn from it.

https://mega.nz/#!ax0FVYrQ!Yq550s7ej...N2WqugpCL6rdxY

Big thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by looper View Post
    Managed to set the default Copy settings to BW and yes, on the pc side i have set bw as default option and they can choose auto color when need be.

I'll do the email notifications setting and hope it will work, but it's also very easy to check it from time to time or notice printing issues.

The HDD was indeed Not Installed, so i set it to Installed, did a format and of course all the settings were lost, but this time i had a backup and restored them in no time. Also managed to install movie data and the animation error, that reappeared after the HDD install, it's now gone also.

Now i finally managed to export to usb the MM list, worked from the first try with one of the previously tried usb devices, attached. Maybe there's something useful to learn from it.

https://mega.nz/#!ax0FVYrQ!Yq550s7ej...N2WqugpCL6rdxY

Big thanks!

Doing better than some techs out there i would say. Remember to add rep for the guys that gave you the solution.
    Look for the star icon in the left corner of the posts made, nice way to say thank you around here.
    Whatever

End-User

Yeah, man, but I can't find that star for adding rep, I would've done it from the start, but I can't see it anywhere, pc or mobile. Please, tell me if I have to do anything special to see it.

I used the like and thanks buttons for all people who took the time to reply.

P.S. I've set up the Bizhub RA app and it's great how you can control the unit in real time awesome feature. Don't know if it's really useful for me, but I like having everything at my finger tips.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

The reputation star is in the lower left corner of every post
    It's a 6 pointed star next to a triangle.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

End-User

Yep, got it now, after zooming in. I use black themes on all of my devices and it's basically impossible to see it at normal zoom

Screenshot_20200131-204720_Chrome.jpg

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Hi looper, Bix beat me to answer your questions.
    As I said before if every user and even some techs were like you it will be better place here.

Congrats! You exceeded my expectations. Well done!
    tsb
    Agreed!! On all accounts.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.