Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    End-User
    C258 Change Drum Units message with 30% life remaining

Re: C258 Change Drum Units message with 30% life remaining

I printed the consumables list before leaving, hope it's the right one.

k7.jpg

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Your CMY drums rotation time just got past life stop count. Replace CMY drums as they are over life or if you want to use them over life, life stop settings should be changed to nonstop.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

End-User

Do you recommend using them in this way? Also, how can I set them to nonstop, from the service menu?

I would like to get a couple of months from them, because the printing is great and it never showed any lines on the paper.

Its pretty confusing why in the printer Consumables menu they show over 30% life and this rotation thing is keeping them blocked.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

I think your machine may have FW bug that prevent it to show correct replacement dates. Ideally I would recommend calling certified tech to deal with this bug by doing FW update and make needed settings in SM to enhance drum life past stop values.

P.S.
    As I like your replying to our questions I may go further in PM with Contributor to this site even being educated enduser.

P.S.2
    Free hint.
    It's good for print quality if you do Gradations from Admin mode after replacing any image responsible parts like drum unit etc.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

End-User

Thank you.

I hope my tehnician will know what to do and be available, we already lost 3 days to this issue and is getting hard to get things done in the office without a color printer.

I would've liked to solve it myself during this weekend and have it ready to work on Monday morning.

When doing a firmware update, does the machine preserve the settings, user accounts and all that?

Is there any way I can get my hands on the required firmware?, I can't find a link for it on the Konica support page.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by looper View Post
    I printed the consumables list before leaving, hope it's the right one.

k7.jpg
    There’s a few strange issues here.

You replaced the black image unit but the start date shows it was replaced back in 2018 yet the date & time on the top of your print out are correct!?

Your colour drums show expected life until 2021 so they should be OK & not prompted to be replaced.

The back developer & fuser units have a page count of 0 did you also replace both these items?

But the weird issue is your TOTAL counter is ZERO AND Serial number are missing from this print out!?

Looking at all these issues I would try updating the firmware looks like the machine is somehow become corrupted.

k7.jpg
    Last edited by copier tech; 01-23-2020 at 09:58 PM.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by looper View Post
    Thank you.

I hope my tehnician will know what to do and be available, we already lost 3 days to this issue and is getting hard to get things done in the office without a color printer.

I would've liked to solve it myself during this weekend and have it ready to work on Monday morning.

When doing a firmware update, does the machine preserve the settings, user accounts and all that?

Is there any way I can get my hands on the required firmware?, I can't find a link for it on the Konica support page.
    You can't find the F/W because it's ONLY for authorized, TRAINED service technicians to install. PERIOD.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

End-User

@copier tech: No, I only changed the K drum unit yesterday and last week, the WTB, all of them being oem parts.

@srvctec: I meant no disrespect, I didn't really know how close Konica keeps its firmware, but isn't this the purpose of a tech forum, to help those in need, so others can know what to do when push comes to tech!?

I'll wait for the tehnician then to see what he can do, but I have my reservations, being that his only solution was to power cycle the unit.

I appreciate you guys taking the time to help and provide some insight, I always like to try and solve things by myself, but I also know when to give up and call for help (this is what I'm doing here).

Thanks for everything and I'll keep you posted after my tehnician comes.

P.S. If anyone is willing to share, I'll be available non stop for testing the unit right away.

End-User

Unhappy Re: C258 Change Drum Units message with 30% life remaining

Hello again,

The technician keeps delaying me from one day to another, because as i suspected, he doesn't know what to do to it, so right now i don't know what to do anymore.

Please help me find a way to fix it, i refuse to think that this is its end, i'm next to it, available to try anything!

Thank you.

k8.jpg

P.S. It doesn't even print black/white, just displays a small message "Stop Printing".

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

An idea would be:
    1. disable the drum replacement alerts.
    2. disable block C258 when the drums end (valid only if there are no alerts).
    3. Instead of buying other drums, you could try buying the chips and replacing them

If your place is Rome, I found this for Italy: https://www.ebay.it/itm/MINOLTA-BIZHUB-C-258-N-4-CHIP-RESET-TAMBURO-DRUM-KIT-C-M-Y-K-DR313-COD-19304/182513718546

The chip is located under the drum. Or from china: https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-x-Drum-Chip-Minolta-Bizhub-C224-C364-C284-C454-C554-C258-C368-C287-C367-C227/173433779726