Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Bizhub C284e continues to restart

Hello,

I will tell you my experience on a Bizhub C284e. Maybe it can be a suggestion for someone.

A week ago the MFP started to restart on its own. It was in standby mode but as soon as the customer tried to print, the C284e was frozen. After turning it off and on again, it kept restarting after less than 2 seconds, so the screen didn't load.

Here's what I tried:
    1. I have successfully removed HDD.
    2. I have removed all the options without success.
    3. I have successfully replaced SSD.

The only one left is MFPB or some power problem. I replaced the MFPB and the C284e started working again.

So I also reassemble the options ... the problem returns! Excluding little by little, I discovered that in the end it was the Dual Scan card of the DF.

Out of personal curiosity, I assemble the previous MFPB again to check if it went without a dual scan card. But oddly enough, it was giving the same problem so something may have gone wrong.

So I put the MFPB back that worked and now it looks like the c284e is working.

I hope this can help. I have wasted an entire day on this printer

Re: Bizhub C284e continues to restart

Ignore me not reading...

Was writing a whole post about a PSU causing the same issue until i realized it was not applicable to this ...
    Last edited by allan; 01-31-2020 at 09:09 PM.
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Ignore me not reading...
    ??

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Hello,

I will tell you my experience on a Bizhub C284e. Maybe it can be a suggestion for someone.

A week ago the MFP started to restart on its own. It was in standby mode but as soon as the customer tried to print, the C284e was frozen. After turning it off and on again, it kept restarting after less than 2 seconds, so the screen didn't load.

Here's what I tried:
    1. I have successfully removed HDD.
    2. I have removed all the options without success.
    3. I have successfully replaced SSD.

The only one left is MFPB or some power problem. I replaced the MFPB and the C284e started working again.

So I also reassemble the options ... the problem returns! Excluding little by little, I discovered that in the end it was the Dual Scan card of the DF.

Out of personal curiosity, I assemble the previous MFPB again to check if it went without a dual scan card. But oddly enough, it was giving the same problem so something may have gone wrong.

So I put the MFPB back that worked and now it looks like the c284e is working.

I hope this can help. I have wasted an entire day on this printer
    Interesting thanks.

Every time i've seen this continual reboot issue a NEW SSD resolved the issue.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Rebooting is SSD usually. When you remove options did you remove the dual scan image processing board from the MFPB or just unplug ADF?
    Last resort as always is MFPB, you may just got very unlucky.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Thanks for sharing.

I've seen the HDD or SSD cause the re-booting issue.

There's a thread about CDFA1's and a host of bizarre codes that came down to the dual scan DF board (plus some other things). I may have never resolved it, but I had a donor DF701 that I could steal parts from. I don't know how it happened but something pointy spiked right through the frame leaving a 25mm diameter hole.

bizhub 364e with C9403, CDFA1, C6753

=^..^=
    Last edited by blackcat4866; 02-01-2020 at 12:39 AM.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

I also immediately thought of a new SSD. As soon as I replaced it, no positive results.

Obviously, before I removed all the options to be sure that the problem was not caused by some defective electronic board.

Once I have removed everything, I have replaced the MFPB card. I try the MFP without optional, finally the printer starts! Do I connect all the options and WTF ?! The problem has returned. Excluding optional after optional, I verified that it was the DF701 dual scan card.

Being very curious, I installed the old MFPB to make sure I checked it well. Nothing. Even without options, the problem reappears.

I don't know what could have caused the Dual Scan 701 card. Before this, no error code (not even a generic E-301, FA14 or any meaningless error). So in conclusion, new MFPB has solved the problem and for the moment, I have installed a single scan DF.