Senior Tech 100+ Posts Mitch Barron's Avatar

Konica minolta 654e printing only half page when black printing

Hello everyone, Hope your years more of expertise help me troubleshoot this problem with konica 654e, the client had change the toner and after that, it started printing only half page and the other half was black and smudging so I have take the drum and it was full of toner all around I have clean the drum and put it back, the smudging and black spots when away but still only printing half page when printing black. I have change the drum for a new one, developer unit but problem still the same so hope you guys can advice me.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thumbs up Re: Konica minolta 654e printing only half page when black printing

Check out the black developper unit.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Konica minolta 654e printing only half page when black printing

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Barron View Post
    Hello everyone, Hope your years more of expertise help me troubleshoot this problem with konica 654e, the client had change the toner and after that, it started printing only half page and the other half was black and smudging so I have take the drum and it was full of toner all around I have clean the drum and put it back, the smudging and black spots when away but still only printing half page when printing black. I have change the drum for a new one, developer unit but problem still the same so hope you guys can advice me.
    As he reported that the drum was very dirty, very likely that toner had fallen on the laser lens, plugging the image formation on the drum.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Not sure if this is your issue but something to check,

Black is known to dump developer if Image unit contact is loose. Maybe it dumped most of the developer and reason getting a half of print on page. There is a modified bracket to hold IU in tighter for better contact. This was more common on the older models with similar design, C451, etc.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Mitch Barron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tulintron View Post
    As he reported that the drum was very dirty, very likely that toner had fallen on the laser lens, plugging the image formation on the drum.
    Yeah. alot of toner on the laser, I have clean it now back on running thanks for the reply.