Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Bizhub 363 toner not adhering

Re: Bizhub 363 toner not adhering

1. Bad thermistor.
    2. No pressure between heater roller and press roller.
    3. One side of heater lamp is broken.
    4. The power unit failure.

Thanks everyone for everything! I will try to install the screw in the fuser, hope this will help.

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    Sorry it took so long for me to get back with the picture. Here is a picture of what I was talking about with the screw and the spring. You will need to insert the spring and have it turned to the back side of the fusing framework so it's out of the way when you install the screw. You have to install the spring first, as you will never get it in there once the screw is in. Then just rotate it towards the front and attach it to the tension arm.

Attachment 44921
    Thank you for the picture!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phalemi24 View Post
    Thanks everyone for everything! I will try to install the screw in the fuser, hope this will help.
    Thank you for the picture!
    It should be obvious, but I'll say it anyway ... make sure you do the same to both sides to keep the pressure even.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

From the original post.. You said problem is only when first used. So maybe one or both of the lamps have leaked out some of the halogen gas and are weak, but still have continuity, so they are slow to heat on first use. Watch for multiple C3421, C3423 codes in service history... Cold lamps from startup. After the press roller gets fully hot, it will work ok until it goes to energy save or the next morning. I have a couple of customers that occasionally have cold offset in the morning. I blame the lamps. If they don't want to buy another fuser, I tell them just open & close the door after warmup, or run 2-3 blanks first. They're fine all day then unless it's really cold and it goes completely room temp. Swap the fuser to test.

Can't be aftermarket toner bc you changed DV. The initial toner is OEM for at least the first 20-50 pages or so... if you used OEM DV. We always use OEM DV.

We love the rollers our good friend from Germany has. They outlast the OEM at least 2-3 times as long. The roller or coating must be a bit thicker, bc we increase temp +5, sometimes +10 degrees due to cold offset. 90% of all our 3 series are running his UFR for years now, with some with oem but 90% use aftermarket toner.
    We re-use the oem press rollers at least 2 rebuilds.

Almost started splicing bh200/250/350 lamps as mentioned, but for now enough are being traded in
    We made friends with a KMBS dealer tech who was pitching used fusers whenever the UFR is worn! KMBS promotes recycling...

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

We love the rollers our good friend from Germany has.

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

feel sorry for you guys - we just put brand new fusers in. By the time you have dismantled them and rebuilt, then sorted out the various issues ....

Quote Originally Posted by Downunder View Post
    feel sorry for you guys - we just put brand new fusers in. By the time you have dismantled them and rebuilt, then sorted out the various issues ....
    Nice when you or your boss can afford it, but being an Indy having to compete with the fat cats thru prices I prefer to rebuild them. We use those "German UFR's", recoat the thermistors with teflon tape and let the fuser unit have another life. Some machines we do this 3 times. Our 230VAC lamps rarely fail btw.

Hans

Quote Originally Posted by Downunder View Post
    It takes 20 min. You make more than a doctor for that time!
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    It takes 20 min. You make more than a doctor for that time!
    LOL!

Never seen it that way Allan

Hans

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    LOL!

Never seen it that way Allan

Hans
    I'm not surprised at all Hans. Allan is one of the best techs here as you already know.
    Moreover he is creative and humble good man in his will and I'm just glad he is on my friends list
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.