Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Konica Minolta 454e won't print multiple page file

If you are sending a Post Script file (filename.ps) then you would want to use the KM postscript driver, not the PCL. What you may be seeing (and you can verify this by watching the spooler on your workstation) just how large the file gets when you send it. 105 page PDF is fairly large, but if the spooler turns it into a 10GB bitmap, then the printer may just be running out of memory to process it. The PCL driver has a "print as image" check box that you can use sometime to resolve font or graphic issues. E

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Konica Minolta 454e  won't print multiple page file

Quote Originally Posted by rpalm01 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the driver three (3) different times. I'm thinking maybe firmware??
    Are you using the Konica Minolta driver or a generic driver.

Thanks I'll explore that suggestion "print as image" box. Regarding the drivers I've download from KM website, and currently using the driver furnished on disk from Konica.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

I have a couple of C364e that have this problem because HDD is disabled. After the clear data, did you rehabilitate it?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Does the MFP display read?: "An internal error has occurred. It will automatically be reset."

I'm thinking that you're probably getting developer density errors, which eventually cause C-codes, but initially will reset, then print a few more pages. The delay is the MFP attempting to add toner. Check the error history. Look for C2557.

It's very common for the toner hopper seals to leak and bind up the hopper drive. You can watch the ends of the shafts in the hopper drive, to see if they're stalling. There are new style seals and bearings, but often just cleaning out the hopper and seals will restore function. I don't think that I've ever had it re-occur, once the hopper was cleaned well.

My guess is that it has nothing to do with the print driver. You just rarely copy that many consecutive images. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    I have a couple of C364e that have this problem because HDD is disabled. After the clear data, did you rehabilitate it?
    You took the words out of my mouth. I was going to say that since it was purchased as a used unit, perhaps the hard drive was removed by the previous owner for security reasons. It's also possible that if they cleared everything, it was never re-enabled in service mode.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I bet on BIX's answer. I believe that the HDD is disabled.

Greeting All,

Issue Solved.... Not sure what it was but, did a factory reset and the issue went away. Thanks so much to everybody that contributed ideas to resolving the problem.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rpalm01 View Post
    Greeting All,

Issue Solved.... Not sure what it was but, did a factory reset and the issue went away. Thanks so much to everybody that contributed ideas to resolving the problem.
    Down the road if same issue returns, maybe the HDD is going bad. Your reset may have re-written the MBR or kicked the can down the road. Also all b/w 4e's were on the suspect bad SSD list until patched with SSD FW (not main FW). After SSD is updated to 6.03, main FW can raise it to 6.05 or higher I think. A blue dot at the serial# on back of machine usually indicated the SSD was replaced or SSD FW is patched. Look under Menu/Utility/Device Info. I think you can see the current SSD FW level. Should be at least 6.03 or higher. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Don N. View Post
    I think you can see the current SSD FW level. Should be at least 6.03 or higher. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
    I'm pretty sure that the SSD firmware only shows up under the firmware section of service mode. I also believe that it will only show up in there after it has been patched. I'm almost certain that the SSD firmware version never showed prior to the patch.

Of course, I could be completely wrong, it's not unheard of...
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...