Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Konica Minolta Bizhub 227 paper jam before fuser

The registration seems to be ok and mind you this jam happens after the paper has passed it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

How are the internal gears that make the 2nd transfer roller spin?

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Khumz View Post
    HI guys
    I have a bizhub 227 which jams paper before it enters fuser unit, actually the paper gets shrinked right under the fuser unit. Its coming up with error code 30:03 which points to exit sensor PS3, i changed all suggested components but still get jam at the same point. But if i remove image roller the paper goes through but without anything copied of course. Anyone with suggestions please help. My client is desparate.

....Khumz

I know 423 isn't the same as a 227 but I think they are similar enough this might help:

KM 423 Jam Code 30-01

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    How are the internal gears that make the 2nd transfer roller spin?
    please explain a little bit

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Have you removed the fuser and inspected it? Since it's obviously not getting pulled into the fuser (paper just falls out when you open the door), that is where I would start.

Maybe there is still a sheet of paper accordion jammed in the fuse entrance blocking the path. Try turning the fuser by hand and see if it will turn. If it's not turning I would expect a service error, but if one of the drive gears is broken or something, it's possible the copier sees the drive motor turning and thinks everything OK.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi Femaster....
    The fuser unit is fine because if i remove image roller and run a copy the paper goes through the fuser unit right to the exit and both fuser unit and paper will be hot.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

The image roller is driven by the image drum, so what difference does it make with or without the image roller. I mean other than pulling the paper through what other roll does it do?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Khumz View Post
    Hi Femaster....
    The fuser unit is fine because if i remove image roller and run a copy the paper goes through the fuser unit right to the exit and both fuser unit and paper will be hot.
    Sorry about that, I looked back and I apparently missed the post where you had mentioned that the fuser had been replaced and that paper does go through if you remove the transfer roller.

I was looking through the recent parts manuals and I see that the 227 has had a "refresh". There are some fairly significant parts changes in the transfer/duplex assembly and the exit assembly. I have not yet found any information as to why this was done, but perhaps the problem you are having might be due to something they have corrected in this refresh. Unfortunately, I haven't been in front of very many 227 style machines, so I haven't come across much with them and at this point I'm out of ideas.
    Last edited by femaster; 02-15-2020 at 07:28 PM.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Is you drum scratched on the in side? The transfer roller gets driven from the drum unit check if the contact on the gears are ok could be that its not rotating.
    Found that the customers can miss form the metal guide plate on the transfer roller assy, but that will cause the drum to scratch on the far side.

Your missing something simple.
    Whatever

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I m working on it again tomorrow morning. Yes i can see I m missing something simple. I have to figured out why it does not jam when i remove the second image transfer roller. Again before it started jamming paper it could copy but there was some uncomfortable noise when copying. But now i do not here that noise anymore which makes suspect that maybe the drum unit is not running.