Technician

Bizhub 554e fax problem

Bizhub 554e sends fax, but doesn't receive

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Re: Bizhub 554e fax problem

Hi, did you initialize the fax settings as per the manual? Have you set up your marketing area?
    Is there an attempt to receive? Maybe they have two separate lines?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub 554e fax problem

Change "fax marketing area" in service mode to your area. There are 2 marketing area settings, 1 for the machine and 1 for fax.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

are you using the original KM fax lead, as other leads don't always work
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts larweedad's Avatar

Had one that would not receive. Noise on the line. Tried different things, replaced the fax kit, worked fine.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Assuming you called the line and verified that actual jack is ringing. See that the fax usb cable is actually plugged in to the FAX1 circuit. The mark is not easy to see.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Bizhub 554e fax problem

I have had lots of weird problems with fax lines did you verify that the fax is actually ringing to that number. when in doubt I always take a simple phone out and plug it in to make sure I can call out/in on that number. If the fax is set up correctly they very rarely fail almost never in my experience. Get the book and run through all the settings again for the FK511

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Many KM products require the fax cord that came with the machine or a similar one with ONLY 2 wires. Had a similar issue on a different model that started after the customer moved the machine and added their own longer 4 wire cord. Moved the machine over close enough to put in a 2 wire cord and it worked perfectly. Their issue was that they could send but not receive and when calling their fax number, the line would just ring and ring and the fax would never pick up. It was a VOIP system.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    Many KM products require the fax cord that came with the machine or a similar one with ONLY 2 wires. Had a similar issue on a different model that started after the customer moved the machine and added their own longer 4 wire cord. Moved the machine over close enough to put in a 2 wire cord and it worked perfectly. Their issue was that they could send but not receive and when calling their fax number, the line would just ring and ring and the fax would never pick up. It was a VOIP system.
    I have seen issues with 4 wire cords as well. Last time was a Kyocera FS1128. Their $100 brother fax was ok with it, but the Kyocera was having none of it until I put a 2 wire cord on it (with choke just for good measure).