Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Problem with Bizhub C224

Re: Problem with Bizhub C224

The black developer dumped. Most likely from overlife or crap aftermarket toners or drums! You can try and recover the black developer unit but not easy. Personally I would put a "New Genuine" K drum & developer unit in and be done with it. Otherwise you will be a dog chasing their tail in a circle!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Problem with Bizhub C224

I agree change Developing units an drums. At least the black drum and Developer are fairly cheap

Problem with Bizhub C224

Quote Originally Posted by Reed View Post
    I agree change Developing units an drums. At least the black drum and Developer are fairly cheap
    And as most know you can use K drums in place of color with chip change. Use all genuine K drums. And if you look around on this forum you may find where I posted procedure to turn black DV unit to color. Don't really want to post it again.

thank you all for replying. sorry for the delay in my answers. the delay could be even longer in the coming days.

the new developer is not here yet.
    i tried different paper which was freshly sealed. loaded into the side and printed once as normal paper and once as heavy. for me there wasn't a visual difference.
    we have a very dry humidity in this area. i work in the room adjacent and my hygrometer is showing 30% relative humidity.

Problem with Bizhub C224

Quote Originally Posted by RoArbt View Post
    thank you all for replying. sorry for the delay in my answers. the delay could be even longer in the coming days.

the new developer is not here yet.
    i tried different paper which was freshly sealed. loaded into the side and printed once as normal paper and once as heavy. for me there wasn't a visual difference.
    we have a very dry humidity in this area. i work in the room adjacent and my hygrometer is showing 30% relative humidity.
    It's not the paper. Seen this same thing many times and my prior posts explains how to fix. If you put a new developer unit in and still have a bad drum it will dump the new developer! ANY color bad drum can cause ANY other developer unit to dump. Most common colors to dump are cyan magenta & black. Not often with yellow for some reason. Even a bad transfer belt or HVPS can cause dev to dump but not as common as a bad drum. 99% of the time it's the drum overlife