Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

bizhub C364e error C-D382 Nonvolatile data error

I'm looking for some advice on this one (to fix the machine - fixing the tech is hopeless )
    Here's the history: the tech updated firmware to GDL-M1 without consulting the DLBT that states "*This FW reboots automatically 60 seconds after the completion of the FW update.Therefore, please disconnect the USB memory immediately once the FW updating process has been completed." He Left the USB in the machine and shut it off when he heard it rebooting. Once restarting, he found the meters were at zero. Tried to reflash folloowing directions, but no change. Machine seemed to work fine, just meters reset.
    Six weeks later, C-D382 pops up, no call from customer, skip a day, code pops up three times and customer calls. (We haven't actually seen the code, as the machine reboots automatically.) Replaced Hard drive, everything seems OK.
    Yesterday, code pops two more times.
    We figure the counter mismatch and other nonvolatile data from the original screw-up is to blame. Is there another way to get the machine to Recover Data without seeing the code on the screen, or is it too late for that?
    Thank you for your advice.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: bizhub C364e error C-D382 Nonvolatile data error

Quote Originally Posted by Motormount View Post
    I'm looking for some advice on this one (to fix the machine - fixing the tech is hopeless )
    Here's the history: the tech updated firmware to GDL-M1 without consulting the DLBT that states "*This FW reboots automatically 60 seconds after the completion of the FW update.Therefore, please disconnect the USB memory immediately once the FW updating process has been completed." He Left the USB in the machine and shut it off when he heard it rebooting. Once restarting, he found the meters were at zero. Tried to reflash folloowing directions, but no change. Machine seemed to work fine, just meters reset.
    Six weeks later, C-D382 pops up, no call from customer, skip a day, code pops up three times and customer calls. (We haven't actually seen the code, as the machine reboots automatically.) Replaced Hard drive, everything seems OK.
    Yesterday, code pops two more times.
    We figure the counter mismatch and other nonvolatile data from the original screw-up is to blame. Is there another way to get the machine to Recover Data without seeing the code on the screen, or is it too late for that?
    Thank you for your advice.

you must check firmware in ssd board i think. if you want to recover counters and repair machine change a ssd board on new one a rewright a mass production firmware. working is g20-m1-900

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zoool View Post
    you must check firmware in ssd board i think. if you want to recover counters and repair machine change a ssd board on new one a rewright a mass production firmware. working is g20-m1-900
    Thanks zoool, we'll try that.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Hi, the code does not appear immediately because the exchange of counter information occurs more or less every hour. Theoretically, when the error appears, a "recover data" may appear which could solve the problem. But for the moment I have only seen it in series 8. I support the idea on SSD. In the past here in the forum I have read someone with similar problems: C454e "TPM chip has been changed"