Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Scan with path exploring on the display

Does anyone have experience if there is a function or a embedded software to make a folder path exploring possible (folder from the server) on the bizhub display?
    without setting it up beforehand? And yes the folder exists on the server.

Thank you for feedback.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Re: Scan with path exploring on the display

I hope I understand your request.
    on bizhub 4/8/8e series when you create the contact from the address book, if you press "reference" you can explore the WORKGROUP folders.
    On iseries this option is also available from the web browser.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by occus View Post
    Does anyone have experience if there is a function or a embedded software to make a folder path exploring possible (folder from the server) on the bizhub display?
    without setting it up beforehand? And yes the folder exists on the server.

Thank you for feedback.
    Hi,
    Yes, it possible. Did this kind of config on Sharps roughly 6 years ago with the help of Scanshare Essentials and its embedded app. Even more, you can use variables in path i.e \\fileserver\home\%loggedinusername%\scan\ and other nice stuff. I guess this software is even more comprehensive now.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thank you for feedback.

The customer wants to scan and before he scans he wants to use the server folder paths(navigate to the target folder on the display) to select the scan folder and navigate trough 3-4 sub directories.
    Unfortunately i don't know is this possible.

@Bix thanks for your hint but it should works without setting up the adress folders before...
    The customer has many scans and the path is always different und use the same folder maybe for 1-2 times not more, so it is a lot or work only for 2 scans to store every folder.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Ok now I understand. No, the printer does not have this option. What is the model? If you have a bizhub 8 series or iSeries, there is a connector on Marketplace that does exactly what your customer wants.
    It's called "bizhub SMB Scan": MarketPlace

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

OP might be in a region that doesn't have marketplace or like my region only have access to cloud scan apps and nothing else. Good to know about 3rd party solutions. I'm guess that software costs a arm and a leg by the fact they don't list the price on web pagr

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

You can't navigate folders on demand with the native 1 touch address book features. You would need a 3rd party software like AutoStore, Scan path ect..You can use direct input and browse the available folders, but you would need to enter authentication info each time so it would be very time consuming. E

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Ok now I understand. No, the printer does not have this option. What is the model? If you have a bizhub 8 series or iSeries, there is a connector on Marketplace that does exactly what your customer wants.
    It's called "bizhub SMB Scan": MarketPlace
    Thats what i need on the bizhub c250i. Unfortunately i can't bring the marketplace app to work. We had not the KM Brand and Marketplace is only working on original KM Brand... but i can switch to KM with SW 10 but i think the app is not preinstalled... I tried to bring the marketplace app on the display but no chance... (no know how)
    Certificate with SSL, IWS openapi, webdav, tcpsocket everything is on...

The marketplace installer allerts that the device is not compatible with iws

@emujo
    Thank you for the info.
    I want try the the bizhub SMB Scan app it seems to work without authentification every time?

MarketPlace

Always liked that about Ricoh machines.
    Whatever

I was not aware of this app so thanks for that..but I'm sure that in the settings you are configuring username password that has access to the necesary folders, similar to how 3rd party app works.. As to the market place App. You need to ensure this is actually turned on in Admin mode, and soft switch 172 is set to a 0, IWS allowed, web browser enabled. machine needs internet access to accomplish some of these items. E