Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C554e color select option missing.

Re: C554e color select option missing.

I just looked in the SM for the list of software switches (dipSW) and there isn't a list?! There is a listing for Engine FW DipSW
    I swear other models had a list of switches in the SM.

Does anyone have a list of switches? The only one I recall using is 65 (2mm bleed [for c654/74]).

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Re: C554e color select option missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Synaux View Post
    I just looked in the SM for the list of software switches (dipSW) and there isn't a list?! There is a listing for Engine FW DipSW
    I swear other models had a list of switches in the SM.

Does anyone have a list of switches? The only one I recall using is 65 (2mm bleed [for c654/74]).
    I found it in the service manual, but I didn't see anything listed in there that would have an effect on your issue. It doesn't list what every switch does, so it may be one that isn't listed in the manual? Maybe the best thing to do would be to print the management list from another C554e (or similar model) that still has the color functionality showing on the screen, and compare it to the one from this machine. There is a full list of switch settings printed out in the management list. Perhaps you can find an entry that differs between the 2 and fix your issue that way.

I tried to copy and paste the switch settings into my post, but the board complained there was too many lines. Since you have a copy of the manual, the switch settings are in Section I-12.15.6.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...