Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Bizhub C284e scan to email issue

Quote Originally Posted by popup2u View Post
    I'm sorry about the improperly labeled title. The machine is an e series machine, has windows 10 home edition (Version 1903),network is a private network and the copier SMB client and server are set to SMBv1/v2. I made sure that the smb1.0 is turned on the laptop. I have entered the file path as: Test and am using the ip address for the host name. I still get job uncompleted with the detail being server connection error. If I go to add it through the copier itself it'll notice the laptop in the workgroup on the copier but says: Folder connection error, after I select the laptop's name. I'm going crazy. I feel like I have the credentials correct but something isn't allowing it to work. I can scan to email and print just fine

DO NOT turn smb1 ON. This has been disabled by MS do to security issues. Scan via FTP Use filezilla server as a work around or scan to email. Any antivirus installed on PC?

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub C284 scan to email issue

Re: Bizhub C284 scan to email issue

so both the laptop and copier are on the same IP scheme?
    can you open the copiers web page on the laptop when directly connected?
    smb1/2 wont work to win 10. has to be v2 and come to find out there is firmware and a bit switch to change to lock it into v2.
    plus any home edition is crap anyway.

you can try setting the workgroup name on the copier as well to match the environment's one.
    if its a domain computer you may need domain\user as the logon name and make sure that user is on the local PC receiving the scans.

i usually set Scan as a user with Scanner01! as the password to satisfy complexity requirements.
    then add that user (with R/W full control)to the specific shared folder, not just the root in case its a sub folder.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    so both the laptop and copier are on the same IP scheme?
    can you open the copiers web page on the laptop when directly connected?
    smb1/2 wont work to win 10. has to be v2 and come to find out there is firmware and a bit switch to change to lock it into v2.
    plus any home edition is crap anyway.

you can try setting the workgroup name on the copier as well to match the environment's one.
    if its a domain computer you may need domain\user as the logon name and make sure that user is on the local PC receiving the scans.

i usually set Scan as a user with Scanner01! as the password to satisfy complexity requirements.
    then add that user (with R/W full control)to the specific shared folder, not just the root in case its a sub folder.
    Yes I am able to open the web interface and do you know which special firmware it is? I could get it and try it tomorrow and which bit switch? I used to always create a new user when setting up scan to folder but I guess I got spoiled just creating a shared folder, so if I am understanding you all correctly. I need to turn off sm1/2, activate JUST v2, update special firmware and change bit switch in service mode. If I am not mistaken the laptop isn't using any domain, just normal admin rights. What about scan to FTP (Opinions?) if it's a good idea, has anyone successfully set it up, I have no experience with it

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    DO NOT turn smb1 ON. This has been disabled by MS do to security issues. Scan via FTP Use filezilla server as a work around or scan to email. Any antivirus installed on PC?
    I'll be sure to turn it off and the only antivirus is the window's firewall

Can you get a detail code from the job log.
    So you have some kind of permission error to wright to the folder or to create new documents.
    Can you access that folder from another PC on the network if so can you create a document?
    Whatever

Look in the service manual under <trouble shooting> <network error code> <SMB transmission> for a list of the detailed error codes.
    code 57 is failed to connect to server.
    Whatever

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Choclit007's Avatar

-confirm that NTLM settings are set to v1/v2

-confirm that Workgroup settings are the same

I recently found the following blog article useful. It appears to be a Bizhub 363 that he is setting up on a domain but he has some useful comments even though it was from 2014.

Lyle Epstein's Systems Engineer Blog >> How to setup SMB scanning on the Konica Minolta Bizhub copier to scan to a Windows Share

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by popup2u View Post
    I'm sorry about the improperly labeled title. The machine is an e series machine, has windows 10 home edition (Version 1903),network is a private network and the copier SMB client and server are set to SMBv1/v2. I made sure that the smb1.0 is turned on the laptop. I have entered the file path as: Test and am using the ip address for the host name. I still get job uncompleted with the detail being server connection error. If I go to add it through the copier itself it'll notice the laptop in the workgroup on the copier but says: Folder connection error, after I select the laptop's name. I'm going crazy. I feel like I have the credentials correct but something isn't allowing it to work. I can scan to email and print just fine
    You need special FW, for example GDL-M1, to enavle SMB v.2.