Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts avecosat's Avatar

Re: Bizhub C368 fuser noise

I had to change two or three times CL6 for noise in 4series

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Bizhub C368 fuser noise

I have a lot of these in the field. I have dealt with fuser noise on several of them. Majority of the time it is fuser related. A handful of times it has been fuser drive related. In that case I just replace the drive unit as a whole. It may seem lazy but if I'm going that far in , I'm not taking chances. It was a nightmare at first but now I have it down to about 1-1.5 hour job total. Not too bad.

This may be a coincidence but I have had very good luck diagnosing this using the following procedure.

Run 45-1 load check to run fuser....run 45-1 in both pressure and retracted states (45-6 and 45-7) When the fuser is the culprit the noise will appear in both conditions.

When the culprit is the "fuser drive" the 45-1 noise only happens in one of the 2 conditions (45-6 or 45-7, I honestly cant remember which one) but point is if its noisy in both its fuser, when it goes away from changing conditions its drive.

I have only had like 3 drive units be the issue so that could be a coincidence.... but all 3 had that exact symptom in load check. If anyone else runs into it let me know if I am correct.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MVPunisher View Post
    I have a lot of these in the field. I have dealt with fuser noise on several of them. Majority of the time it is fuser related. A handful of times it has been fuser drive related. In that case I just replace the drive unit as a whole. It may seem lazy but if I'm going that far in , I'm not taking chances. It was a nightmare at first but now I have it down to about 1-1.5 hour job total. Not too bad.

This may be a coincidence but I have had very good luck diagnosing this using the following procedure.

Run 45-1 load check to run fuser....run 45-1 in both pressure and retracted states (45-6 and 45-7) When the fuser is the culprit the noise will appear in both conditions.

When the culprit is the "fuser drive" the 45-1 noise only happens in one of the 2 conditions (45-6 or 45-7, I honestly cant remember which one) but point is if its noisy in both its fuser, when it goes away from changing conditions its drive.

I have only had like 3 drive units be the issue so that could be a coincidence.... but all 3 had that exact symptom in load check. If anyone else runs into it let me know if I am correct.
    Very useful information, Thanks MVP.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub C368 fuser noise

Thumbs up Re: Bizhub C368 fuser noise

Quote Originally Posted by MVPunisher View Post

Thanks for sharing your knowledge!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

www.copierfirmware.co.uk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Excellent experience, thanks MVP!