Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Technician

Re: Bizhub C368 fuser noise

If you take the fusing unit out do you see any rust like dust in the corners or on the gears?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by popup2u View Post
    If you take the fusing unit out do you see any rust like dust in the corners or on the gears?
    No, the first fuser has no signs of wear or rust. The second is not because it is new.

Technician

Alright. I ask because I had a fusing unit make a squealing noise similar in the video but when I took it out there was rust colored dust in the corner. Turned out that the bushing had pop out of its cavity and was letting the shaft rub against the the cavity hole.

Hi, thanks for sharing your experience. In which corner do you mean?
    Thanks again!

Technician

It was on the right side mainly, on the gears, if you turn the fusing unit on its right side some should fall from out of the unit itself, and in the back corners of where the fusing unit sits, but be careful because it DOES NOT like to come out of clothes

I would recommend doing a low check on the fusing motor with the door open. I've seen at times noise is actually coming from Gears on the opposit side of the fuse or on the door . Specifically the paper exit white gear sometimes is loose

Quote Originally Posted by BluaboardTwice View Post
    I would recommend doing a low check on the fusing motor with the door open. I've seen at times noise is actually coming from Gears on the opposit side of the fuse or on the door . Specifically the paper exit white gear sometimes is loose
    Also since you Already checked the fusing unit you may want to examine the RU in the rear corner. Which also is known to make screeching noises.
    Last edited by BluaboardTwice; 02-28-2020 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by popup2u View Post
    It was on the right side mainly, on the gears, if you turn the fusing unit on its right side some should fall from out of the unit itself, and in the back corners of where the fusing unit sits, but be careful because it DOES NOT like to come out of clothes
    If I don't get it wrong, are you talking about these? Thank you
    Fixiereinheit.jpg
    I tried to put fuser grease without success. Some have reported noise problems to me in the past but sometimes it resolves itself. For the moment it has suddenly appeared. My suspicion is that it comes from some clutch/gear from the Fusing Drive Section. But to get into that area, it's very complicated
    cluthc.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BluaboardTwice View Post
    Also since you Already checked the fusing unit you may want to examine the RU in the rear corner. Which also is known to make screeching noises.
    Do you mean the paper exit unit? I had a case on a bizhub 458e but it doesn't seem the same noise to me. Furthermore, the noise seems to be present even when the rollers of the paper exit unit do not turn but the printer is warming up. Thank you!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Take out the 4 black passiv rollers after the fuser and put grease on the center. Also the passiv rollers on the door. These plastic rollers can squeek like "metall friction" I had many of these..

Will possibly become time for inevitable if you can't find it in the paper path or on the door to dig in from the back covers.
    Whatever