Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Bizhub C353 weird background

Quote Originally Posted by aAandy View Post
    not yet, tried reseating the RAM (and cleaning the contacts), trimming ribbon cables, etc etc but no change, so i've ordered a used MFP board from the States

in your previous post you mentioned something about having the RAM repaired if i could find the right person to do so - what did you mean by that exactly? - am component level qualified

If you have the skill and equipment to replace RAM chips and other VLSI and SMD components you would be able to repair these boards.
    Very time consuming undertaking. I have had hit and misses in the past, saved a couple board were the problem was as simple as a dead motor driver chip.
    You would be suprised at how many boards gets thrown out due to blown ICP's.

Now if you can repair SMPS then you will be in business.
    Also hit and miss there, i need expensive equipment i don't have yet to be proficient in repairing those.
    Need an isolation transformer, proper scope, and a hot air desoldering station.
    If you don't know your way around a SMPS you will wreck you DMM and scope and yourself.

Make sure its not an EOL issue like an IU arching.
    Whatever

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Bizhub C353 weird background

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    If you have the skill and equipment to replace RAM chips and other VLSI and SMD components you would be able to repair these boards.
    Very time consuming undertaking. I have had hit and misses in the past, saved a couple board were the problem was as simple as a dead motor driver chip.
    You would be suprised at how many boards gets thrown out due to blown ICP's.

Now if you can repair SMPS then you will be in business.
    Also hit and miss there, i need expensive equipment i don't have yet to be proficient in repairing those.
    Need an isolation transformer, proper scope, and a hot air desoldering station.
    If you don't know your way around a SMPS you will wreck you DMM and scope and yourself.

Make sure its not an EOL issue like an IU arching.
    by printing out the meter page with the laser slit glass cleaning wand in place i believe i have eliminated the possibility of arcing - i got a blank page (as expected) but also no background, which eliminates arcing, transfer issues, HVT issues etc and tells me the laser is writing the background to the drums (also proven by a stop test, background was on the drums)

also to note is the fact that this background is being written to all 4 drums, which are OEM and relatively new (6 months tops)

here's hoping a replacement board, which only cost $200.00 including delivery, sorts it out (client is aware this may not resolve the issue

many thanks for all your assistance and pointers, it is very much appreciated - muchos grassy-ass

Quote Originally Posted by aAandy View Post
    by printing out the meter page with the laser slit glass cleaning wand in place i believe i have eliminated the possibility of arcing - i got a blank page (as expected) but also no background, which eliminates arcing, transfer issues, HVT issues etc and tells me the laser is writing the background to the drums (also proven by a stop test, background was on the drums)

also to note is the fact that this background is being written to all 4 drums, which are OEM and relatively new (6 months tops)

here's hoping a replacement board, which only cost $200.00 including delivery, sorts it out (client is aware this may not resolve the issue

many thanks for all your assistance and pointers, it is very much appreciated - muchos grassy-ass

$200 would be where i will replace it with a C360 if it was a contract machine and upgrade was not an option.

About the arching. Had it where the arching would cause electronic glitches with the processing.
    But as you explained that all the units are in good order that would probably not be the case.

Get you firmware ready so long.
    Whatever