Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Bizhub c224E not putting anything to paper

Can you do copies?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Technician
    Bizhub c224E not putting anything to paper

I have now a really bad feeling about this....IMG_20200306_200618.jpg

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Can you do copies?
    No. Nothing. There was a printed report about total print amount which was printed at the end of january. Total print amount was only 151000. That's why I didn't suspect anything. Internal prints won't come out either. The sound of the machine comes louder, like some fan but nothing happens.
    Last edited by Ilsu; 03-06-2020 at 06:31 PM.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Takhnamishvili View Post
    Try to format HDD from service mode, Factory Reset does not mean that HDD was formatted. I had such problem many times, MFP receives job, light starts blinking (on the bottom of the panel) and then immediately stops, so you need to format HDD, there are two types, physical format and logical format, you can do both of them, but then you will need to install movie data. MFP will work without movie data too but there will be warning message "No animation guide available...". Try to format HDD

How to get to service mode? Machine asked to format HDD and I did. And there is now that warning message, too. I am end user who is most likely bought piece of s**t worth of 1100$

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilsu View Post
    How to get to service mode? Machine asked to format HDD and I did. And there is now that warning message, too. I am end user who is most likely bought piece of s**t worth of 1100$
    Menu button > Counter > Display keypad > Stop button > 0 > 0 > Stop button> 0 > 1 after it may ask you enter password which is usually 9272927292729272 (9272 4 times) touch End button on the top right corner of the screen after entering the password, if password is correct you will enter if not, it will ask for correct one. After entering service mode go here State confirmation > memory/HDD adj. > HDD format and choose logical or physical format. I can not remember exactly which, but one of them needs much more time than another. after finish turn off printer, wait for 10 seconds and turn it on back and check how it goes.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Takhnamishvili View Post
    Menu button > Counter > Display keypad > Stop button > 0 > 0 > Stop button> 0 > 1 after it may ask you enter password which is usually 9272927292729272 (9272 4 times) touch End button on the top right corner of the screen after entering the password, if password is correct you will enter if not, it will ask for correct one. After entering service mode go here State confirmation > memory/HDD adj. > HDD format and choose logical or physical format. I can not remember exactly which, but one of them needs much more time than another. after finish turn off printer, wait for 10 seconds and turn it on back and check how it goes.
    Do I press start-button after choosing the type of format or how it starts doing it? EDIT. Yes, I pressed start-button and it is formatting. But takes a really long time. Let it do the job now.
    Last edited by Ilsu; 03-06-2020 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Found the answer myself

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilsu View Post
    Do I press start-button after choosing the type of format or how it starts doing it? EDIT. Yes, I pressed start-button and it is formatting. But takes a really long time. Let it do the job now.
    As I mentioned, I really don't remember which of format type needs little time and which needs long time. It must solve your problem

Technician

I truly hope so. But it looks like developing units are also at the end of their lives. New ones costs so much that there is no point buying them. If this trick works, I print what I can and then dump the machine and suffer the loss.

Technician

I would say that the black drum has reached its limit
    you have left the machine so that it does not ask for consumables but that it stops when they are exhausted
    That is configuration or changing the drum

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by gere1 View Post
    I would say that the black drum has reached its limit
    you have left the machine so that it does not ask for consumables but that it stops when they are exhausted
    That is configuration or changing the drum

Now I have to ask for clarification. If black bars are gone, the end-of-life has reached? Not another way around? I thought that when there is lot of black, then life time is full. If only black drum unit is at the end of its life, there is still hope. It is quite cheap part to replace.