Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub c224E not putting anything to paper

Re: Bizhub c224E not putting anything to paper

I didn't read all the posts but did you confirm in service mode that the HDD was installed?

Do physical format first (might take several hours), then do logical format. If you can't print a config page then you won't be able to print.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilsu View Post
    Just got the estimate about the costs. Only trip to my location would cost around 360$ plus time on site is 160$/hour.

Really 160 an hour, Seems steep.
    Look around for a freelance tech.
    Whatever

Order a black drum. End user can install it.
    Whatever

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

If this guy is willing to learn how to work on his machine lets give him the benefit of the doubt

To Ilsu, if you want to do this stuff on your own you will need a Service Manual and be willing to spend a lot of time studying it. As said, you can easily do more harm than good, so be very cautious. Seeing how you contributed, I can send you a manual but it I do not have the manual for that exact model, maybe someone will be kind enough to send you a PM with it. As already touched on, there are settings that will allow you to still operate the machine with consumables that are out of life and they are fairly easy to implement, you just need the information.

I have never had a reason to try this, does anyone know if he can get into SM can he run test print or even just a paper passage with EOL parts without changing settings?

**Edit** Google is something else here yah go: BizhubC364e C284e C224e ServiceManual E Ver1.0 | Aviation | Wing Configurations

Quote Originally Posted by Synaux View Post
    If this guy is willing to learn how to work on his machine lets give him the benefit of the doubt

To Ilsu, if you want to do this stuff on your own you will need a Service Manual and be willing to spend a lot of time studying it. As said, you can easily do more harm than good, so be very cautious. Seeing how you contributed, I can send you a manual but it I do not have the manual for that exact model, maybe someone will be kind enough to send you a PM with it. As already touched on, there are settings that will allow you to still operate the machine with consumables that are out of life and they are fairly easy to implement, you just need the information.

I have never had a reason to try this, does anyone know if he can get into SM can he run test print or even just a paper passage with EOL parts without changing settings?

**Edit** Google is something else here yah go: BizhubC364e C284e C224e ServiceManual E Ver1.0 | Aviation | Wing Configurations
    All the print from SM should work except possibly for gradation adjustment.
    Whatever

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    How to get to service mode?

we don't share that with non techs

I am end user who is most likely bought piece of s**t worth of 1100$

NO! YOU just screwed the machine because YOU didn't know what you were doing. By FORMATTING the drive you have lost all important machine information.
    THIS is why Techs spent HOURS and HOURS learning and READING on the problem. The proper way is to BACK UP the machine and THEN formatting the drive.

IT ISN'T THE MACHINE the problem is PBKAC

so now you come here wanting OUR help and blaming the problem on the copier!?
    First of all: I thought that this forum is just beacuse of this. People asking about their problems with the machines and others help them out. By the way, you are also wrong. When I got the machine and started it up, there wasn't any other option than format HDD or something like "reset encrytion password". I haven't caused this by myself. I bought it from auction and didn't have any control what seller did to that machine prior to purchase. They told me afterwards that they wrote HDD over. I have never said that there is something wrong with the machine. It just needs right settings and those are what I am trying to find out without paying my ass off. I am an engineer, too but from telecommunications sector. I truly appreciate the help from OTHER members of this forum and I have already learned a lot. Now I purchase new black drum unit and take the machine to service. Then I don't have to pay that over 300USD for technician to come over.

I wish you relaxing weekend. I think that you need it.

Ilkka
    Last edited by Ilsu; 03-07-2020 at 05:08 PM.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Takhnamishvili View Post
    So lets see, on earlier C224e-s there was "problem" such kind: when some of spare part or consumable was ending it's life, machine was stopping and asking for replacing the part. On newer C224e-s, MFP was continuing printing even when life of some parts was ended. You can check life stop settings in the service mode, enter service mode and then > Stop button>0>C, then enter Life Stop settings and then set it to Off.

I want to thank user Takhnamishvili from bottom of my heart! You solved the problem! Life stop setting made the trick and now machine also warns me that black drum unit needs to be replaced. Now I have to buy it and figure out how I can set the machine to understand that I print A4 and A3-sized documents and not something like 8"*11" documents

Thank you all who helped me out with this. As told, I learned a lot already and will definitely follow and support this forum to learn more.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I want to thank user Takhnamishvili from bottom of my heart! You solved the problem! Life stop setting made the trick and now machine also warns me that black drum unit needs to be replaced. Now I have to buy it and figure out how I can set the machine to understand that I print A4 and A3-sized documents and not something like 8"*11" documents

Thank you all who helped me out with this. As told, I learned a lot already and will definitely follow and support this forum to learn more.
    Glad to hear your problem is solved 😊

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

That is probably a marketing issue in SM and/or in admin settings... or just user settings (depends on what exactly is going on). I think you got a little lucky here. A lot of us here depend on our knowledge to secure our financial future and tend to be over-protective. Thankfully, not any jackass can figure all this stuff out on the fly.

In general this forum is for techs only (or those that display a modicum of competency) so keep that in mind.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

The warning for drum unit end of life (or any of the units end of life) can be disabled as well if you desire. In your case, being an end user, you may not want to do this, as this warning will at least let you know when things could become a potential problem in the future. If you choose to turn them off, in service mode, go to System 2 -> Consumable Life Reminder and set them all to off.

As for paper size, I've never had to deal with that, but there is a possibility that the marketing area is set for the US. Check System 1 -> Marketing Area and make sure each of those are set to your area. This will configure things like paper size and zoom settings, Fax configurations (if equipped), etc. to those that are relevant for your area. You may also want to check System 1 -> Foolscap Size Setting and see if that is correct for your country, AFTER changing/verifying the Marketing Area.

Anything else you come across, I'm sure one of us can come up with an answer.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...