Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Technician
    Bizhub c224E not putting anything to paper

Hello

I am new in this forum and I have a problem. I purchased used Konica Minolta Bizhub c224e machine and it doesn't put anything to paper. It starts copying/printing and I can see jobs in the list. But it doesn' produce any prints. The machine was "factory reset" which means HDD was erased and after power up I was asked to format hdd which I did.

I contacted Konica Minolta in Finland and the answer was that I have to ask service technician for a visit because it may be that "basic settings" are also erased. I paid a lot for this machine and service technician visit will be really expensive. Is there anything I can do myself?

Regards

Ilkka from Finland.

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Re: Bizhub c224E not putting anything to paper

Quote Originally Posted by Ilsu View Post
    Hello

I am new in this forum and I have a problem. I purchased used Konica Minolta Bizhub c224e machine and it doesn't put anything to paper. It starts copying/printing and I can see jobs in the list. But it doesn' produce any prints. The machine was "factory reset" which means HDD was erased and after power up I was asked to format hdd which I did.

I contacted Konica Minolta in Finland and the answer was that I have to ask service technician for a visit because it may be that "basic settings" are also erased. I paid a lot for this machine and service technician visit will be really expensive. Is there anything I can do myself?

Regards

Ilkka from Finland.
    Since you didn't say, does paper come out of the machine but it's just blank or do you mean that isn't even happening?
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Technician

It doesn't do anything. It doesn't start to print.

What is the meter reading?

Could be end of life for one of the parts.
    Whatever

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

First, delete all the print jobs at the machine if there are any.

Then, press menu, utility, user settings, printer settings, print reports and try and print any of those. Might try the configuration page first and then the demo page. If those don't print, I'm betting consumables are past life and not allowing prints, which can be checked by pressing menu, utility, check consumable life.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Technician

Just got the estimate about the costs. Only trip to my location would cost around 360$ plus time on site is 160$/hour.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Have you tried an internal print? What appears in the job list? For that amount of the quote you could think of an inclusive rental of a new MFPrinter

Technician

IMG_20200306_174507.jpgHow can I test internal print? You mean somekind of test page?

I answer to myself: I tried to print a list of consumables. They are in the print queue and sound of the machine gets louder but still no paper coming out.
    Last edited by Ilsu; 03-06-2020 at 03:49 PM.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilsu View Post
    Hello

Regards

Ilkka from Finland.
    Try to format HDD from service mode, Factory Reset does not mean that HDD was formatted. I had such problem many times, MFP receives job, light starts blinking (on the bottom of the panel) and then immediately stops, so you need to format HDD, there are two types, physical format and logical format, you can do both of them, but then you will need to install movie data. MFP will work without movie data too but there will be warning message "No animation guide available...". Try to format HDD

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Exact! You press Utilities - Printer settings - print report