Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts avecosat's Avatar

Re: Bizhub C220, does not recognize new black toner, pale black copy

Nico is not a technician and maybe he does not understand that these machines sometimes the problems are very complex and you need professional experience to understand other professionals who are trying to help you.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    NO one asked you to leave. I'm not the admin and don't have the authority to ask anyone to leave. I'm not being cruel. If you were near me I would come and out and try and fix it for FREE! That's the type of person I am. Just that you are at a point you need to have a "qualified" tech take care of your issues. Sounds like you called a big company that always tries to upgrade the customer once they see you have an older model. They are like sharks!
    You need to find an "independent" tech / small company that is like most on this forum and takes pride in "repairing" machines not to sell you right away. I understand there are cimcumstances where someone might be in a remote area and that's where it can be a challenge. Perhaps put an ad in local paper for an independent tech needed or even post to see if Tech on this forum might be in your area/country? Hopefully you can get these issues resolved and can come back here for successful help with a different issue in the future. At that point it would be nice to see you are a contributer but will still get help here regardless.

Once again sorry if I came off the wrong way but it comes to a point that just can't be resolved online.

Best of luck!
    "Thank u very mutch for this post, unfortunately, of "small" technician I did not find in the sector and all the others arrive at the same conclusion: to change material ...... it is thus, with regret, because I need it for my work and that I cannot wait very long to seek and still seek, that I will make this change. one more copier that will certainly fill the container leaving for an underdeveloped country where he may be able to find a second life .... maybe not! I would so much have liked to share the solution that worked, but it is so. Thanks again to everyone!
    Nicolas

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Zesti View Post
    Checked this tread just now and was feeling sorry for Nico....
    It's a pitty...
    Nico a last try...
    Clean your laser windows with the cleaning stick inside of the front door....
    Try replacing the ITB... IMAGE TRANSFER BELT if you have 2 machines........
    I'm assuming your TCR level is above 6% which quite fine....
    Where did you get the new unit...from KonicaMinolta or from Alibaba????????
    " The unit was new and genuine, a real Konika one. I have just one copier and wont have the possibility to try to change the transfer belt to see if it's the problem, thank's for your intervention"

Quote Originally Posted by Nico.FRA View Post
    "Thank you so much Allan for all your advice, I will leave the site. Unfortunately, the technicians I am brushing up on do not give me the solution and I actually had a lot more interest from you than from the people I paid to do it here in Montpellier. As Copyman asks me, I will therefore disappear. for information, the Minolta technician who came by yesterday did not help me out but sent me a proposal to buy the machine for € 400 and then offered me the sale of another machine for € 4,350 ..... not judging the interesting troubleshooting. It's to vomit!I apologize for the time you have lost for me and the considerable energy in the service of a stranger. Yours sincerely. Cordially. Nicolas."

Do this on my own free time so i don't mind helping guys who try, believe in the right to repair these machines.
    Don't give up yet. Its a pity you can't find a decent tech around there. There are good secondhand finds out there.
    Trick there is to find a machine that just came from contract and the PM condition is good.
    Then only would it be a good buy.

But continue to repair the machines you have.
    Probably a simple problem one of use can repair in less than 30min.

Curious about the total count on the machine?
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Zesti View Post
    Checked this tread just now and was feeling sorry for Nico....
    It's a pitty...
    Nico a last try...
    Clean your laser windows with the cleaning stick inside of the front door....
    Try replacing the ITB... IMAGE TRANSFER BELT if you have 2 machines........
    I'm assuming your TCR level is above 6% which quite fine....
    Where did you get the new unit...from KonicaMinolta or from Alibaba????????
    That slipped my mind.
    Sometimes the simple things that gets overlooked.
    Could be a soiled laser glass.

Otherwise a bad bias voltage connection to the dev tank.
    Whatever

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Do this on my own free time so i don't mind helping guys who try, believe in the right to repair these machines.
    Don't give up yet. Its a pity you can't find a decent tech around there. There are good secondhand finds out there.
    Trick there is to find a machine that just came from contract and the PM condition is good.
    Then only would it be a good buy.

But continue to repair the machines you have.
    Probably a simple problem one of use can repair in less than 30min.

Curious about the total count on the machine?
    "Thank you for still being there, the counter displays 46,859 copies ... but in reality even less, we were surprised to see that at the time when we were under contract with Konika, the counter took several times 500 copies of mysterious way (...)"
    Thank you for still being there, the counter displays 46,859 copies ... but in reality even less, we were surprised to see that at the time when we were under contract with Konika, the counter took several times 500 copies of mysterious way (...)"Thank you for still being there, the counter displays 46,859 copies ... but in reality even less, we were surprised to see that at the time when we were under contract with Konika, the counter took several times 500 copies of mysterious way (...)

Technician

That slipped my mind.
    Sometimes the simple things that gets overlooked.
    Could be a soiled laser glass.

Otherwise a bad bias voltage connection to the dev tank.
    "For a bad connection of bias voltage to the development tank, how do you know?"
    "For a bad connection of bias voltage to the development tank, how do you know?

Light copies would be an effect of a bad bias connection.
    Even bad primary transfer could be possible adjust that under image process adjustment to see if there is any change there.
    Difficult to determine because of the machine layout and the nature of the voltage.

At less than 60K prints the machine should be in good fair condition counting in its age.

Not a fan of faulty high voltage power supplies because i never encounter them, but possible.
    But you could strip the machine to check the condition of the spring contacts to check for corrosion.
    This is where thinks gets more risky removing and reinstalling electronic prints.

Afraid that i could take you down the wrong rabbit hole here.

Print and post a demo page from the machine panel and post that.

Did you inspect the laser glass and cleaned that?
    So your TCR value stays around 6.5% now?
    Whatever

Technician

Light copies would be an effect of a bad bias connection.
    Even bad primary transfer could be possible adjust that under image process adjustment to see if there is any change there.
    Difficult to determine because of the machine layout and the nature of the voltage.

At less than 60K prints the machine should be in good fair condition counting in its age.

Not a fan of faulty high voltage power supplies because i never encounter them, but possible.
    But you could strip the machine to check the condition of the spring contacts to check for corrosion.
    This is where thinks gets more risky removing and reinstalling electronic prints.

Afraid that i could take you down the wrong rabbit hole here.

Print and post a demo page from the machine panel and post that.

Did you inspect the laser glass and cleaned that?
    So your TCR value stays around 6.5% now?
    "I had already checked the HV card, the springs were normal (no oxidation). By "Laser glass" you mean the PH unit Window, right? I will see that. The TCR level is currently at 6.57. Here is the photo Shared album - Nicolas Perrier - Google Photos (the scan has a network problem) of the page testvia the service interface. For information, I also made the dev unit k contacts with a contact cleaning spray (relay card and contactors of the company)"

Would be a complete overlook if you find the PH glass window dirty...
    So you have changed out the drum...
    Only other thing would be the transfer belt and transfer belt contacts.
    Then i am out of advice.

Looks like you have done everything you can so far. Looks like you need to stick to this model now seeing that you know more about it than some techs out there.
    Whatever