Partial File Name Changes while Scanning Separate Files to Same Destination

Customer needs to scan multiple documents to herself. I know how to hold the destination but she also wants to be able to edit the last part of the file name. (The first part of the file name is a 10 digit client account number). You can keep settings for a subject name but not a file name, from what I can see. Hoping someone will help find a way!!

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

Re: Partial File Name Changes while Scanning Separate Files to Same Destination

before every scan, touch file name and add on to it?
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Your first and lonely post seems incomplete.
    Perhaps it would be good for all to know what machine you're working with.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

There is no way to hold the file name settings natively from the device. There are 3rd party apps that hold the info and append with a .1, .2, ect...Since the machine cannot do this you would be over writing any files sent to the same folder..Not really sure what you are trying to do...Sep Scan would hold the current settings while you scan more docs in..I'm assuming the operator is tried of having to retype that 10 digit number in all the time. You can mess with the scan file name settings to remove the Job indication letter, and add up to 10 arbitrary numbers, (file name would now be XXXXXXXXXX0320200830..(last numbers reflect the Normal SKMBT date/time that are not replaced by the arbitrary numbers)..The machines do a lot (account track, bates stamping, scanning) but not as robust as apps designed for this. E

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

Change the default file name of scanned original data when saving it. The file name is:"initial of the function" + "text to be added" + "date" + "sequential number" + "page number" + "file extension". In the administrator mode, select [System Settings] - [Scan File Name Settings], then configure the following settings.

https://manuals.konicaminolta.eu/bizhub-C554-C454-C364-C284-C224/EN/contents/id08-0661.html

enter the standard # scheme and between scans they only need to enter the last few numbers.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

This doesn't work..

The default scan naming system is "
    initial of the function" + "text to be added" + "date" + "sequential number" + "page number" + "file extension"." This gives you SKMBTXXXXX032020201458.pdf (using the default settings), and will append a -1 if you scan in the same minute. Scan settings allow you to drop the leading S and replace the device name with arbitrary characters, but these still will be followed by the remaining date and time characters. I tried this on my machine and got what I posted above XXXXXXXXXX partial date info.pdf. So unless you set the arbitrary characters as the file name and are willing to back space then replace the numbers required it won't work..It won't keep the last file name used. ( unless there is some buried soft switch that KM didn't add to the manual, which is not uncommon(. E

I found some addtional info on this...

How to retain the previous file name when using Scan to SMB?

Answer
    Workflow: The customer would input there scan naming convention on the first page and back out the project and or
    invoice numbers on the next scan and replace them with new numbers.

The customer naming convention is the date, invoice number, project number.
    Example: 20190228_1234_4321.

The request can be fulfilled by enabling the following DipSW:

DipSW 213

The File Name that was entered when the user had sent the Scan job will be used repeatedly from the next job forward. (bit 4)
    0x00?Disable (default)
    0x10?Enable

Notes: However, the File Name which the MFP had stored, will be cleared in the following situations:
    1. When the [Reset] key is pressed by the user.
    2. When System Auto Reset or Mode Reset is executed by the MFP.
    3. When the user logs out.

There are some warnings...

Please use the latest firmware (SPROM) below without a Finisher attached or a C-C155 error code may occur:

bizhub C458/C558/C658
    DL-ID : DLBT1901018EN
    ROM version : GC2-W5

bizhub C659/C759
    DL-ID : DLBT1901021EN

bizhub C258/C308/C368
    DL-ID : DLBT1901015EN
    ROM version : GC2-W4

bizhub 458/558
    DL-ID : DLBT1901020EN

bizhub 458e/558e/658e
    DL-ID : DLBT1901025EN

bizhub 308/368
    DL-ID : DLBT1901019EN

bizhub 308e/368e
    DL-ID : DLBT1901022EN

I'm not sure if this is saying disconnect the finisher or this firmware should not be installed if a finisher is present..

Pretty good follow up. Thank you for that.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Get away spammer.