Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Replacing the 4 series MFPB and PRCB

Re: Replacing the 4 series MFPB and PRCB

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    A lot of posts about this.

See attached. Hope this helps.
    Thanks, I wasn't aware of the DIP SW.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Thanks, I wasn't aware of the DIP SW.
    This DIP SW only applies to certain part numbers MFPBs, not all is my understanding.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Thank You for information, but... it is not absolutelly true. Ass usually KM does not provide the whole info...

I have already managed to exchange an MFP board from one machine to another. Allmost one year working fine. No issues.

Procedure is different when old MFPB is used instead of new. After exchanging the boards first step is to use beloved ressssset tool. And latest firmware after that. Thats it (if I remmeber well).

BR
    I'll never ask if I didn't check user manual, service manual, parts list, BSI/TNI/TAD... web, existing threads.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ivovb View Post
    Thank You for information, but... it is not absolutelly true. Ass usually KM does not provide the whole info...

I have already managed to exchange an MFP board from one machine to another. Allmost one year working fine. No issues.

Procedure is different when old MFPB is used instead of new. After exchanging the boards first step is to use beloved ressssset tool. And latest firmware after that. Thats it (if I remmeber well).

BR
    Of course they want to sell you a new board. You can swap one board at a time for troubleshooting purposes and I have also swap the MFP board and left in machine but always used the SSD from the original machine with bad board and had no issues.

The most important thing is not to swap both MFP, PRCB or even the SSD boards at same time. This is where it can get tricky

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Of course they want to sell you a new board.
    Exactly. I've just save it for a moment... ;-)

BR
    I'll never ask if I didn't check user manual, service manual, parts list, BSI/TNI/TAD... web, existing threads.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ivovb View Post

BR
    What about machine counter. Did the counter follow donnor MFPB. In example - machine A dead(counter 1000), replace MFPB from machine B(counter 2000), machine A is now working but counter become 2000.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    What about machine counter. Did the counter follow donnor MFPB. In example - machine A dead(counter 1000), replace MFPB from machine B(counter 2000), machine A is now working but counter become 2000.
    SSD has leading part - so we get finally 1000.

BR

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

I believe the total counters & serial numbers are kept several different places on K/M copiers, MFB, SSD,Control panel pwb and maybe one more place. Think Blackcat posted this as well.

Like I posted I've swapped MFP board successfully a few times, if I recall the counters did NOT carry over and still had the original counters including the life counters from machine that needed the MFP pwb.