Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Cant scan to email. TX Errors bizhub C224

You can also use the non Sal gmail port 25 with no authentication. Can send to gmail accounts only

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Cant scan to email. TX Errors bizhub C224

I've been in touch with the original poster and after sending him F/W, bulletins, etc I told him his only options may be SMB or the dreaded FTP scanning. He decided to go with SMB and it's working great!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    Very friggen interesting.

Do you know if it supports sha2 like the e series ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumping Jack Flash View Post
    There is a software solution from 04.2016 Try it

Symptom
    MFP fails to send e-mail if Office365 server or Gmail server is used as SMTP server.
    SMTP server : smtp.gmail.com
    SMTP port : 465(SSL) or 587(TLS)
    SSL/TLS : SMTP over SSL or Start TLS
    C224/C284/C364/C454/C554/C654/C754, bh654/bh754

Cause
    Gmail server and Office365 server changed SSL certificate from SHA-1 to SHA-2.
    MFP mentioned above do not support SHA-2 certificates, and therefore, fail to send e-mail if using these server as SMTP server.
    Even if using other SMTP server which has SHA-2 certificates for SSL, MFP fails to send e-mail.

Solution
    MIF Version up firmware has SHA-2 certificate support and can send e-mail even if using Gmail server or office 365 server as SMTP server.
    MIF Version up firmware
    GAx - A9/E4/G9/J6/K0/K1/K2/K5/K6/K7
    GBx - A9/E4/G9/J6/K0/K1/K2/K5/K6/K7 (Web Browser)
    Gxx - 83 (for LK-114)

Things to be aware of when using MIF version up firmware
    Update procedure of this FW is different from the procedure of standard firmware.
    Printer driver, voice data, movie data and so on should be updated.
    Please be sure to read release note for MIF version up firmware when using the firmware
    We will release new MIF version up firmware which improved above 2 issues at beginning of February, 2016.
    Try what JJF propose.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by suprastan View Post
    Using Gmail, getting TX errors when sending. Currently on version: I assume I need to update this firmware. Does anyone have the last firmware for this and instructions on how to install since there is no Update firmware anywhere in the admin menu.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..
    If you have the C224 (Non e model) you'll need to install the 'version up firmware'

Version Up Firmware Technical Information Rev4.pdf
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

I see the version up firmware officially supports LK-110

Interestingly, since my home machine is a c284 I tried a spare LK-110 I extracted from a parts machine and it installed fine on the c284 using LMS.

This explains it.

I guess prior to this version up firmware being available they would not have allowed it based on the serial number.

It works but it simply acts as if LK-102 & LK-105 are installed but the fancy exclusive additional features of LK-110 naturally arent there with the stock c284 fw.

Also, LK-101 v3 is practically useless on the old 4 series now as most websites that even display say this browser wont be supported much longer and pretty much everything else gives constant ssl errors. These are the classic symptoms of a near end of life browser.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

I installed the version up firmware on my own c284 today - nothing to lose as it cost me nothing.

Whats not mentioned in any of the instructions is that the whole purpose of the version up software is defeated if you do not change to function version 7 after installation.

If you leave it on the 4 series standard of function version 1 you are still restricted to SHA-1.
    You also do not get the full features of LK-110 without enabling function version 7. DOCX and XLSX are missing if you leave it on function version 1.

You also get the thinner screen fonts of the modern machines on the user interface after this.

You can even install the current version of Market place on a 4 series - and it works too - you must actually use valid email address associated with an account in the installer on a 4 series or it will never connect.

Another thing noticed, movie data was not accepted of the e series type without changing the filename to the c284 series movie data. Then it loaded and worked fine.
    Last edited by EarthKmTech; 03-27-2020 at 01:18 PM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Your are correct. There is a firmware addressing this issue.

Please make a small contribution to this website and someone or myself will send it to you.
    Hi copyman

I too am in a pickle with this. One of our clients C224 (non E) was working fine until recently but stopped working since a new router has been installed. No matter what I try i can't get it to scan to email again due to a server connection error....

Would you mind helping with the special 'up firmware'?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonbonse View Post
    Hi copyman

I too am in a pickle with this. One of our clients C224 (non E) was working fine until recently but stopped working since a new router has been installed. No matter what I try i can't get it to scan to email again due to a server connection error....

Would you mind helping with the special 'up firmware'?

Typical customer response..We changed a major part of our network, now the machine stopped scanning. Please send tech out to correct it..E

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    Typical customer response..We changed a major part of our network, now the machine stopped scanning. Please send tech out to correct it..E
    Exactly! how frustrating!!We've changed something, now its your fault to sort!!!!