Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Biz Hub C224e with DF701- scan glass assy jam?

We were looking at 1 of these today. Our tech saw some sort of bump or crease on the tape like material on the scan glass assy where the originals pass over using the DF.

I was looking at the parts book for the C224e and it looks like you have to get the whole assy.

What does 1 normally look like? (we don't usually work on the Konica Minoltas). The paper was getting bent sometimes feeding in at the spot too. Rear part of the scan assy.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: Biz Hub C224e with DF701- scan glass assy jam?

Quote Originally Posted by RandyW View Post
    We were looking at 1 of these today. Our tech saw some sort of bump or crease on the tape like material on the scan glass assy where the originals pass over using the DF.

I was looking at the parts book for the C224e and it looks like you have to get the whole assy.

What does 1 normally look like? (we don't usually work on the Konica Minoltas). The paper was getting bent sometimes feeding in at the spot too. Rear part of the scan assy.
    That is normal. Never had it cause a problem. More of a problem with the mylar guides in paper path tearing and causing issues.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

If you're talking about A161R72300(A161R72311) Slit Glass Assy tape like part I will try to smooth it by file it. If the results are not satisfying you may need to replace this part.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Wanted to add I've seen that black mylar really bad on machines with 1 mil plus meters. You would think it would cause problems but never did. Don't think the originals even touch black mylar that much, if at all.

I'm a believer of leaving well enough alone unless a problem.

After 40+ years in this biz I've come to realize why "open a can of worms" !

ok thanks.

I suppose the paper goes fast enough over the scan glass area that the tape would have to be pretty messed up to cause a problem. This machine has a little over 300k I think.

I was trying to look at the service manual for the C224e and then the parts book for the DF701. These mylars are kind of hard to see- to me anyway- in the manuals. Is there a part number
    for them? Then I can look again at the manual.

I got an active solutions pdf for that machine too. Those are the tech bulletins?

unrelated but the same machine...they have a fax option in it. Do they need anything else added to be able to fax over the internet?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

You may have to raise the doc feeder a little bit. It may be too close to the glass and you may see on the copy that it make a little bump or squiggle.

KEN

Had a call today with a DF701 and the black mylar was really bad. Confirmed the original doesn't even touch it and it's there to mask the exposure lamp and outside light. The original is fed directly onto slit glass and under white roller which presses it down onto slit glass. Point being it could be damaged and real ugly and have no effect at all with ADF jamming, etc.

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Staples and paper clips are what tear up the black mylar, which then causes jams or torn originals because of it sticking up too high where the damage is. I've had good luck just taking an Exacto knife and carefully cutting a V shaped notch around the damaged area to make sure it's smooth so an original won't catch on the damaged area. I only cut through the very thin black mylar, leaving the very thick, translucent (what looks like HDPE) plastic showing. Just make sure the point of the V is on the left. I've done this many many times and never had to replace the assy. and never had any issues with copy quality.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Does the document reading roller/1 ever cause jamming? Was reading it is supposed to lift up. Seems to be 1 page goes through ok and then multipages is when a corner is getting bent up.

The original is ok I think up until the area near the A3CEPP1B01 White Sheet.1506938732714391786.jpg
    Last edited by RandyW; 04-01-2020 at 05:40 PM. Reason: more info

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Bent corners is often caused by incorrect DF height (the mylar just right of the slit glass should fit down behind the ramp at the right of the slit glass, not above the ramp), or DF skew (same deal: mylar does not tuck in behind the ramp because it is not straight with the slit glass). =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=