Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C300i

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

C300i

Howdy Folks,

Have two strange ones here. One is right out of the box and the other has been out for about two months or so.

Number 1
    Right out of the box, setting the machine up and turn it on and it goes through its motions, then it comes up with a C-0002 error. So we look at the firmware and it is old. Sales sold it back in October and we ordered it then. So it has been sitting for a bit. So we got the firmware up to the most resent. Turned it on and still C-0002. Look at the panel and it says to pull the LCT away from the machine and take paper out. Well there is not an LCT on the machine. We had another PC-416 to go on another machine. So we switched the paper trays and got the same thing. Talking with KM and they were telling me to replace the CPU board. Well in these tough times, that is back ordered now and the customer has delayed the installation, it is kind of good. Just wondering if any one has seen this?

Number 2
    Had the machine out in the field for two or so months. Customer calls and says that the machine wont turn on. Go there and test power in the outlet and there is power. Nothing lights up. No blue light on the panel or anything. I took another power supply from another machine that we have in the shop on the show room floor. Put that in there and got the same thing. I traced the on/off switch back to the base board and tested it and it was good. Talk with KM and they were saying to test voltages. I have 120 coming in at the bottom of the Power Supply, but nothing going out. I unplugged the fuser and was messing with some of the wires in the back and then the blue light on the panel came on. The machine booted up and I put the covers back on. I left the machine running. Customer called back and said that it lasted about 10 minutes and could not turn the machine back on. Well went back yesterday and turned the machine off and then back on again and it started to boot up. It got so far and then the screen started flashing and making clicking sounds. That continued for about 45 seconds and then stopped. After that I may have gotten the scanner to light and move a bit, but it sounded as though it was fighting itself, but not every time that I turned it on. So when I turn it off, the exposure light does flash and that is it. So trying to look at the wiring diagram I almost went blind!

Well thanks for listening and I hope there may be some insight.
    Thanks
    KEN

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Re: C300i

Number 1

with the 0002 error - i have seen this when assemblers pushed the optional tray(s)/LCT multi pin connector in on an angle and bent one of the pins in the machine side socket. Also check the wiring from it to the base board.

The baseboard may be damaged, cant see it being the cpu board personally.

Number 2

NFI

Could be related but I have seen c300i series fail to start and lock at the progress bar indefinitely, fw reload fixes that but everything is lost and complete setup required again - known issue and fix will be coming in april fw release.

but sounds more like power issue. If voltages are present at base board and no signs of life, again, could be base board itself.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    C300i

[QUOTE=EarthKmTech;1400088]Number 1

with the 0002 error - i have seen this when assemblers pushed the optional tray(s)/LCT multi pin connector in on an angle and bent one of the pins in the machine side socket. Also check the wiring from it to the base board.

How come K/M tech support always blames a PWB when 99% of the time it's not a board! Been hearing the same old story from them for 40 years! Can count on one hand how many times they actually helped. Better off asking a friend who works on a lot of that model or post in forums.

On another note I hope these new i series machines aren't going to be bad machines and we are the guinea pigs that are testing them! I noticed some strange issues with the "8" series. After great success with the "4" series hope they aren't going in the opposite direction with the new models!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    C300i

I think that I'd remove the fuser, then see if it will begin to boot. I've seen a dead short in the fuser cause something like this. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I think that I'd remove the fuser, then see if it will begin to boot. I've seen a dead short in the fuser cause something like this. =^..^=
    I've hand tingles off a machine with a factory defective fuser with the lamp hot side wiring cut into by the metal housing of the fuser itself.

This is rare in itself.

But then at this customer location the ground pin of the power outlet was also defective/disconnected - so the chassis was basically live.

1 million to 1 chance but it happened to me.

The fuser was sent back to Japan and some production line changes happened - this was years ago.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Number 2
    From your description I assume that machine started for first time after you disconnected the fuser. I definitely will try another fuser.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Update on Number 2,
    Went to customer with a different fuser and we replaced. Did the same thing. We loosened some of the wire ties and checked connectors from the power supply to base board. Turned the machine on and the same thing. Fiddled a little more and the machine came on. We had it on for like 20 minutes, copied, scanned and print test page from engine. Put all covers back on and scanned again and the screen went blank. It was white and the red and blue lights were on. The machine locked up!! Turned the machine off and back on and it did not come up, it was dead again! We took the Base Board out and took it back to the shop and put it in a machine that we have there, the on that has the C-0002 error. Well it did the same thing, it did not come on! So I guess we found the problem. Will take the base board to the customer and try that out. Will keep updated on the C-0002 machine!!

Thanks
    KEN

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Well here is the C-0002 machine. The CPU board did fix it! Had to go through the set up again, but there was not the side LCT and it did register the LCC tray three! So we are all set to deliver, when the customer is open?

Thanks
    KEN

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

[QUOTE=copyman;1400111]
    Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    Number 1

How come K/M tech support always blames a PWB when 99% of the time it's not a board! Been hearing the same old story from them for 40 years! Can count on one hand how many times they actually helped. Better off asking a friend who works on a lot of that model or post in forums.

On another note I hope these new i series machines aren't going to be bad machines and we are the guinea pigs that are testing them! I noticed some strange issues with the "8" series. After great success with the "4" series hope they aren't going in the opposite direction with the new models!
    Because they read from a script and can get you off the phone and off their backs until you do what was suggested. It's worse with customer triage..Call notes always say "cycled power, no change send tech" Gee thanks for all the help and a call back...and they update with "only use needed parts". But I will defend their position a little...there are techs that call in for help that have not even cracked a book open or tried anything to troubleshoot the problem..Because of this they have to troubleshoot like they're working with children. But, to your point, "replace main bd" does seem to be their "go to" step..If you work for KM, have your manager send you the weekly SSD reports. These are pretty helpful in that they include what actually fixed the problem. You can also search in the knowledge base for any particular problem..Sometimes getting a match based on the problem can be difficult. I try to exhaust every avenue before calling SSD.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Offtopic
    Ed, you're quoting on wrong member. I think your comments are more based on copyman own post.
    As for calling SSD. I don't see why on earth normal tech with access to mkm would opt for calling support center. Unless that is a part of some procedure. I have head over my shoulders to read and think for myself, don't want anyone to do that instead of me. No thanks. I think people in the field like some guys here have a hundred times more knowledge and answers than support center. Tell me if somebody in SSD would suggest ever to change battery backup for a problem with rebooting machine, 😆
    I can remember maybe before 6 months EarthKmTech posted about bizhub C227 series developer depletion due defect in erase led strip. A few days ago I see they published solution in mkm about that exact problem :cool.

Rant over.
    Sorry kenpio for using your thread and congrats for your success.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.