Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Konica c364e no servicer is registered contact your administrator

Re: Konica c364e no servicer is registered contact your administrator

Quote Originally Posted by rrrohan View Post
    In service mode press stop 9

It will be called authentication device justake sure it on unset

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk
    Ok. I see what's happens under authentication setting like you said the tab has been removed so if I go to user authentication/ account track, then go into General settings there's usully a user authentication tab you can select and turn off however the tab has been removed. Is there anyway of bringing that tab back up?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

If it came from a government location there is a a good chance it is still setup for CAC/PIV..This is designed so that once enabled it cannot be turned off or bypassed. This is accomplished through soft switch settings. You will need to set soft switch 12 and 41 back to their defaults, and with the C364e, you may need to remove any special f/w that supports CAC/PIV..later machines did not need special f/w. Then you need to unset the card reader is service mode and remove the LDD that supports it. E
    Last edited by emujo2; 03-30-2020 at 02:21 PM.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

As my original post stated I figured you were talking about authencation mode. Had this same thing a while back and think it was a softswitch had to be changed.

Check switch # 12 and make all 0's

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    If it came from a government location there is a a good chance it is still setup for CAC/PIV..This is desisged so that once enabled it cannot be turned off or bypassed. This is accomplished through soft switch settings. You will need to set soft switch 12 and 41 back to their defaults, and with the C364e, you may need to remove any special f/w that supports CAC/PIV..later machines did not need special f/w. Then you need to unset the card reader is service mode and remove the LDD that supports it. E
    Thank you for your reply. I have never set the soft switch on these. Can you please point on where it's located in CE mode?

I would hope that no one will give you the instructions for how to get into service mode..If you are a tech, you should already know, if you are an end user you can really screw your machine up, and if you are someone just trying to figure out how to bypass security requirements for your own needs, then I don't want to be the one that helps you..And since you ask about CE mode, then I'm assumng you are not a tech. E

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1 View Post
    Thank you for your reply. I have never set the soft switch on these. Can you please point on where it's located in CE mode?
    Are you implying that you work on this model without having Service manual? This is a bad, bad idea in any therms. It's all your questions right there in SM.
    I assume you're tech. But without manuals and proper training you're not far from enduser here. There is manuals section here, if you need one may ask there.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Are you implying that you work on this model without having Service manual? This is a bad, bad idea in any therms. It's all your questions right there in SM.
    I assume you're tech. But without manuals and proper training you're not far from enduser here. There is manuals section here, if you need one may ask there.
    I agree. This is where it ends for me. You have been given some great support here, including the password to get into security mode! You will need a service manual to proceed. Change software switches as suggested. Actually if you don't know what a softswitch is you shouldn't be working on copiers! Call a "qualified" technician!

Sorry if I offended you. Nothing else we can do here, even for a contributer!

I have a feeling I know what's coming next "does anyone have the service manual they can send to me"

Best of luck

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    I would hope that no one will give you the instructions for how to get into service mode..If you are a tech, you should already know, if you are an end user you can really screw your machine up, and if you are someone just trying to figure out how to bypass security requirements for your own needs, then I don't want to be the one that helps you..And since you ask about CE mode, then I'm assumng you are not a tech. E
    I am a tech, this machine came out of a defense force with no HDD, I installed a new HDD done a physical and logical format and updated firmware. I am stuck in this position of the user authentication been removed on the display because of a soft switch I haven't done before. Surely you can't judge me on not being a tech because I call it CE mode. That's how many times I've seen CE mode logging in to service mode I got used to calling it CE mode.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    I agree. This is where it ends for me. You have been given some great support here, including the password to get into security mode! You will need a service manual to proceed. Change software switches as suggested. Actually if you don't know what a softswitch is you shouldn't be working on copiers! Call a "qualified" technician!

Sorry if I offended you. Nothing else we can do here, even for a contributer!

I have a feeling I know what's coming next "does anyone have the service manual they can send to me"

Best of luck
    Thank you for your help and yes I do have a service manual. I will go through that to look up the soft switch. I was just trying to save my self some time on this. Thanks again I appreciate it.

If it's CAC/PIV, then we did save you some time..Without really trying to offend you, are you a re seller of wholesale machines? Were these AS IS, or did you ask if they were all operational..And BTW since you said CE, most of us just naturally went to "non trained tech, can't get past CE password" Be the same as if I called my dealer and said please send me the instructions for rebuilding my transmission..(although you could probably find the info on Google). E