Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Konica c364e no servicer is registered contact your administrator

Re: Konica c364e no servicer is registered contact your administrator

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    If it's CAC/PIV, then we did save you some time..Without really trying to offend you, are you a re seller of wholesale machines? Were these AS IS, or did you ask if they were all operational..And BTW since you said CE, most of us just naturally went to "non trained tech, can't get past CE password" Be the same as if I called my dealer and said please send me the instructions for rebuilding my transmission..(although you could probably find the info on Google). E
    No I got called out to a customer that has this machine on site as they purchased it from the defense force and this is what issues I have come across. The user authentication being one of them and now the OCR Dictionary and the PDF / A Font problem too. I'm just trying to get the customer up and running.
    Last edited by Alex1; 03-30-2020 at 10:27 PM.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1 View Post
    Thank you for your help and yes I do have a service manual. I will go through that to look up the soft switch. I was just trying to save my self some time on this. Thanks again I appreciate it.
    Wait let me get this right you want to save time but it's ok for us to waste our time trying to explain the soft switch procedure. How it usually works is a tech spends hours, trying everything possible, studying the service manual, searching bulletins, knowledge base (if dealer access) google, etc, then if still issue they post here explaining everything they did. It works much easier if done this way instead of going at it backwards. Does this make sense?

By the way, Did you initialize the machine in "CE" mode? that should clear all the settings OCR, etc

And as mentioned earlier changing the soft switches will allow the tab to appear so you can disable authenication mode.

On another note, it's ok to click thanks at bottom of replies for the great advice you received here.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Wait let me get this right you want to save time but it's ok for us to waste our time trying to explain the soft switch procedure. How it usually works is a tech spends hours, trying everything possible, studying the service manual, searching bulletins, knowledge base (if dealer access) google, etc, then if still issue they post here explaining everything they did. It works much easier if done this way instead of going at it backwards. Does this make sense?

By the way, Did you initialize the machine in "CE" mode? that should clear all the settings OCR, etc

And as mentioned earlier changing the soft switches will allow the tab to appear so you can disable authenication mode.

On another note, it's ok to click thanks at bottom of replies for the great advice you received here.
    No I don't expect anyone to waste hours let alone minutes however if it's something they are aware of because they have countered this problem before then it will be nice to help it's not a must. That's my nature I like to help others when ever I can.

Yes I did initialize the machine in (CE- Service) mode I cleared all data and reinstalled movie data. As soon as you go back into service mode and install hdd the errors of OCR and PDF/A come back up.

As for the likes I usually keep everything at the end to do, sorry it's the last thing on my mind when I'm in site trying to resolve this issue.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1 View Post
    No I don't expect anyone to waste hours let alone minutes however if it's something they are aware of because they have countered this problem before then it will be nice to help it's not a must. That's my nature I like to help others when ever I can.

Yes I did initialize the machine in (CE- Service) mode I cleared all data and reinstalled movie data. As soon as you go back into service mode and install hdd the errors of OCR and PDF/A come back up.

As for the likes I usually keep everything at the end to do, sorry it's the last thing on my mind when I'm in site trying to resolve this issue.
    Sorry you don't see my point. If you read "most" of my posts you will see my nature is to help people on this forum. But it comes to a point that's all that can be done.

Just a suggestion, you could post if the soft switches fixed the original problem? Then start a new thread with the OCR / PDF message you are getting.

This will definitely be my last post. No sense even reading anymore because it feels like nothing is getting accomplished!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Sorry you don't see my point. If you read "most" of my posts you will see my nature is to help people on this forum. But it comes to a point that's all that can be done.

Just a suggestion, you could post if the soft switches fixed the original problem? Then start a new thread with the OCR / PDF message you are getting.

This will definitely be my last post. No sense even reading anymore because it feels like nothing is getting accomplished!
    Yes the soft switch has been fixed thank you for your help. The machine seems to be in full operation the only thing left is the OCR and PDF issue.

Whether you do continue to read or not thanks for your help.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

You should only be getting these messages if the PDF seachable LK or similar was installed. The data that these LK use is on the HDD. if you format or replace the HDD then you must re upload the OCR dictionary or font data. You can also use the KM LMS system to remove these features if they are not required. I don't understand how anyone that is not a specific dealer would by equipment they are not licensed to work on..There is just so much going on in these things today..and yours is a little older.. CAC/PIV, LK kits, HDD pulled. Hope you have learned a lesson. E