Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bizhub Fuser Rebuilds

Anyone out there rebuilding fuser units for the 4 Series and 8 Series bizhub machines?

If so, where are you able to source parts?

Cheers

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub Fuser Rebuilds

Re: Bizhub Fuser Rebuilds

Yes I've rebuilt many 4 series fusers, no 8 series yet. Much easier than the C253 fusers!

Aftermarket China parts only. Copylite products out of FL sells everything needed to rebuild units, except lamps.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Bizhub Fuser Rebuilds

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Yes I've rebuilt many 4 series fusers, no 8 series yet. Much easier than the C253 fusers!

Aftermarket China parts only. Copylite products out of FL sells everything needed to rebuild units, except lamps.

If you have rebuilt a 4 series fuser, then you have also rebuilt an 8 series fuser. They are the same fuser. Lol

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Bizhub Fuser Rebuilds

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    If you have rebuilt a 4 series fuser, then you have also rebuilt an 8 series fuser. They are the same fuser. Lol
    You mean in general? I know the part numbers are different. This leads me to the perhaps absurd: Is it possible to convert a 4 series fuser to work in an 8 series and/or vice-versa?

For the OP, I made this post not too long ago...it might be of some use. I have yet been required to change the main orange rollers (they are pretty strong), but I did have a little fun with arts-n-crafts hour with the cleaning rollers.

Copyman, one of my concerns on a full rebuild was lubricating the bearings/gears given the heat. What you found works best?

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Bizhub Fuser Rebuilds

Quote Originally Posted by Synaux View Post
    You mean in general? I know the part numbers are different. This leads me to the perhaps absurd: Is it possible to convert a 4 series fuser to work in an 8 series and/or vice-versa?

For the OP, I made this post not too long ago...it might be of some use. I have yet been required to change the main orange rollers (they are pretty strong), but I did have a little fun with arts-n-crafts hour with the cleaning rollers.

Copyman, one of my concerns on a full rebuild was lubricating the bearings/gears given the heat. What you found works best?

They are exactly the same fuser. Take one out of a C284e and it will fit into a C368. In North America this is the case anyway. Not sure about any other jurisdictions.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub Fuser Rebuilds

Quote Originally Posted by Synaux View Post

Couldn't read what copier adDICK said but sure I din't miss anything

Good question, I rarely change the bearings, etc depending on the clicks. Most of the time the fuser was no where near it's life so only replaced a bad roller because customer scratched it trying to get jam out, stuck label, etc.
    Not sure if all the parts avail to do a complete overhaul? Also if the fuser was at 600k (rated life) don't think I would want to rebuild it?

Only sold like 10 low meter off lease 8's but fusers appear to be the same and easy to rebuild.
    Still making a ton of money buying off lease super low meter 4e's. I'll keep buying them until they dry up, which is coming soon!

And back when the C253's fusers were blowing apart every orange roller it was great when China finally came out with a $23 roller! Was able to save $500 not buying a new fuser! But it was a son of a bitch to replace that one roller. A lot easier on the 4 series and still save a lot of money from having to buy new fuser!

Last edited by copyman; 03-30-2020 at 11:52 PM.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Bizhub Fuser Rebuilds

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Couldn't read what copier adDICK said but sure I din't miss anything

Good question, I rarely change the bearings, etc depending on the clicks. Most of the time the fuser was no where near it's life so only replaced a bad roller because customer scratched it trying to get jam out, stuck label, etc.
    Not sure if all the parts avail to do a complete overhaul? Also if the fuser was at 600k (rated life) don't think I would want to rebuild it?

Only sold like 10 low meter off lease 8's but fusers appear to be the same and easy to rebuild.
    Still making a ton of money buying off lease super low meter 4e's. I'll keep buying them until they dry up, which is coming soon!

And back when the C253's fusers were blowing apart every orange roller it was great when China fianlly came out with a $23 roller! Was able to save $500 not buying a new fuser! But it was a son of a bitch to replace that one roller. A lot easier on the 4 series and still save a lot of money from having to buy new fuser!

You won't see this either, but the only one being an adDick is you. And you are so, so good at it. Lol

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Bizhub Fuser Rebuilds

I've rebuilt 3 total C-360 fusers so far with parts from China (didn't know Copylite was selling the parts), but I've had good success so far! Really, the rollers/sleeve just mostly wear out and I always just reverse the bearings so they're turning the opposite direction. On troublesome fusers that rumble/whine a lot, I use a product called Krytox (oil) from Dupont.. super high temp lube, to quiet the bearings down... I've used it in several C-368 series fusers, which seem to be notorious for being noisy as hell. I had one so bad, it was actually SHAKING the machine and you could see it!
    OC

Thanks to everyone replying.

This has opened up some bulletins that I was not aware of. This has provided the solutions I was looking for!

Thanks Again