Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Technician Schneider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    4

    Bizhub Fuser Rebuilds

    Anyone out there rebuilding fuser units for the 4 Series and 8 Series bizhub machines?

    If so, where are you able to source parts?

    Cheers

  2. #2
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Bizhub Fuser Rebuilds


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    2,351
    Rep Power
    82

    Re: Bizhub Fuser Rebuilds

    Yes I've rebuilt many 4 series fusers, no 8 series yet. Much easier than the C253 fusers!

    Aftermarket China parts only. Copylite products out of FL sells everything needed to rebuild units, except lamps.

  3. #3
    Aging Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub Fuser Rebuilds

    copier addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Desboro
    Posts
    2,892
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Bizhub Fuser Rebuilds

    Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Yes I've rebuilt many 4 series fusers, no 8 series yet. Much easier than the C253 fusers!

    Aftermarket China parts only. Copylite products out of FL sells everything needed to rebuild units, except lamps.

    If you have rebuilt a 4 series fuser, then you have also rebuilt an 8 series fuser. They are the same fuser. Lol

  4. #4
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,009
    Rep Power
    33

    Re: Bizhub Fuser Rebuilds

    Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    If you have rebuilt a 4 series fuser, then you have also rebuilt an 8 series fuser. They are the same fuser. Lol
    You mean in general? I know the part numbers are different. This leads me to the perhaps absurd: Is it possible to convert a 4 series fuser to work in an 8 series and/or vice-versa?

    For the OP, I made this post not too long ago...it might be of some use. I have yet been required to change the main orange rollers (they are pretty strong), but I did have a little fun with arts-n-crafts hour with the cleaning rollers.

    Copyman, one of my concerns on a full rebuild was lubricating the bearings/gears given the heat. What you found works best?

  5. #5
    Aging Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub Fuser Rebuilds

    copier addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Desboro
    Posts
    2,892
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Bizhub Fuser Rebuilds

    Quote Originally Posted by Synaux View Post
    You mean in general? I know the part numbers are different. This leads me to the perhaps absurd: Is it possible to convert a 4 series fuser to work in an 8 series and/or vice-versa?

    For the OP, I made this post not too long ago...it might be of some use. I have yet been required to change the main orange rollers (they are pretty strong), but I did have a little fun with arts-n-crafts hour with the cleaning rollers.

    Copyman, one of my concerns on a full rebuild was lubricating the bearings/gears given the heat. What you found works best?

    They are exactly the same fuser. Take one out of a C284e and it will fit into a C368. In North America this is the case anyway. Not sure about any other jurisdictions.

  6. #6
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Bizhub Fuser Rebuilds


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    2,351
    Rep Power
    82

    Re: Bizhub Fuser Rebuilds

    Quote Originally Posted by Synaux View Post
    You mean in general? I know the part numbers are different. This leads me to the perhaps absurd: Is it possible to convert a 4 series fuser to work in an 8 series and/or vice-versa?

    For the OP, I made this post not too long ago...it might be of some use. I have yet been required to change the main orange rollers (they are pretty strong), but I did have a little fun with arts-n-crafts hour with the cleaning rollers.

    Copyman, one of my concerns on a full rebuild was lubricating the bearings/gears given the heat. What you found works best?
    Couldn't read what copier adDICK said but sure I din't miss anything

    Good question, I rarely change the bearings, etc depending on the clicks. Most of the time the fuser was no where near it's life so only replaced a bad roller because customer scratched it trying to get jam out, stuck label, etc.
    Not sure if all the parts avail to do a complete overhaul? Also if the fuser was at 600k (rated life) don't think I would want to rebuild it?

    Only sold like 10 low meter off lease 8's but fusers appear to be the same and easy to rebuild.
    Still making a ton of money buying off lease super low meter 4e's. I'll keep buying them until they dry up, which is coming soon!

    And back when the C253's fusers were blowing apart every orange roller it was great when China finally came out with a $23 roller! Was able to save $500 not buying a new fuser! But it was a son of a bitch to replace that one roller. A lot easier on the 4 series and still save a lot of money from having to buy new fuser!




    Last edited by copyman; 03-30-2020 at 11:52 PM.

  7. #7
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,365
    Rep Power
    106
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

  8. #8
    Aging Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub Fuser Rebuilds

    copier addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Desboro
    Posts
    2,892
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Bizhub Fuser Rebuilds

    Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Couldn't read what copier adDICK said but sure I din't miss anything

    Good question, I rarely change the bearings, etc depending on the clicks. Most of the time the fuser was no where near it's life so only replaced a bad roller because customer scratched it trying to get jam out, stuck label, etc.
    Not sure if all the parts avail to do a complete overhaul? Also if the fuser was at 600k (rated life) don't think I would want to rebuild it?

    Only sold like 10 low meter off lease 8's but fusers appear to be the same and easy to rebuild.
    Still making a ton of money buying off lease super low meter 4e's. I'll keep buying them until they dry up, which is coming soon!

    And back when the C253's fusers were blowing apart every orange roller it was great when China fianlly came out with a $23 roller! Was able to save $500 not buying a new fuser! But it was a son of a bitch to replace that one roller. A lot easier on the 4 series and still save a lot of money from having to buy new fuser!





    You won't see this either, but the only one being an adDick is you. And you are so, so good at it. Lol

  9. #9
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    284
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: Bizhub Fuser Rebuilds

    I've rebuilt 3 total C-360 fusers so far with parts from China (didn't know Copylite was selling the parts), but I've had good success so far! Really, the rollers/sleeve just mostly wear out and I always just reverse the bearings so they're turning the opposite direction. On troublesome fusers that rumble/whine a lot, I use a product called Krytox (oil) from Dupont.. super high temp lube, to quiet the bearings down... I've used it in several C-368 series fusers, which seem to be notorious for being noisy as hell. I had one so bad, it was actually SHAKING the machine and you could see it!
    OC

  10. #10
    Technician Schneider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Bizhub Fuser Rebuilds

    Thanks to everyone replying.

    This has opened up some bulletins that I was not aware of. This has provided the solutions I was looking for!

    Thanks Again

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here