Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Bizhub i series tip

All folks here know how stupid is to fool yourself.
    Nonetheless it happened to me 2 times in last months to try to enter CE mode on bizhub C250i and cannot.
    The reason was that in all my stupidity I was left PSWC logged in Administrator mode.
    Draw a lesson and save some minutes next time you cannot enter in CE password screen, check for PSWC session logged in Admin mode. If so logout and try again.
    Last edited by tsbservice; 03-31-2020 at 08:40 PM. Reason: grammar
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Bizhub i series tip

Re: Bizhub i series tip

I've done it plenty of times myself. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Another thing I hate about the 8 sereis and newer..If you are in PSWC admin the users can still walk up and use the machine..Nothing like spending several min configuring the device only to find out that "unable to process due to active job". Not bad if it's a couple of pages, but I have had users run 50 page faxes through..Now your stuck for 40 min..E

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    Another thing I hate about the 8 sereis and newer..If you are in PSWC admin the users can still walk up and use the machine..Nothing like spending several min configuring the device only to find out that "unable to process due to active job". Not bad if it's a couple of pages, but I have had users run 50 page faxes through..Now your stuck for 40 min..E
    This is exactly why the very first thing I do on a service call is to disconnect the fax and network cables. The only time I won't do that is if I'm only servicing the ADF. They can still print and receive faxes while I'm working on that without causing an issue.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    This is exactly why the very first thing I do on a service call is to disconnect the fax and network cables. The only time I won't do that is if I'm only servicing the ADF. They can still print and receive faxes while I'm working on that without causing an issue.
    Good point 👍
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.