Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Bizhub C253 K toner port blocking

hello everyone

this machines' K toner port is blocking up causing a horrid clicking sound in the toner/waste toner drive system - vacuum out the toner and she runs for a while before blocking up again! vacuumed from the top after removing the toner bottle and from the bottom by manually opening the spring loaded toner port. it seems to me the port augers are working, because once the toner is vacuumed the clicking sound stops as the augers are again free to move

it looks like a very big job to dismantle the machine and remove the K toner supply port assembly (to either repair or replace) but i was wondering if anyone has a quicker solution?

any and all tips warmly welcomed before i go stripping half the machine to get to that port

thanks in advance!!

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: Bizhub C253 K toner port blocking

Are you sure it's exclusive to the black. There is a known issue with the waste system getting blocked up and you are right the machine has to be torn down to get to it. It is such a big job many junk the machine at that point.

Sorry wish I had better news. Perhaps someone else has a fix for something not as bad.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Are you sure it's exclusive to the black. There is a known issue with the waste system getting blocked up and you are right the machine has to be torn down to get to it. It is such a big job many junk the machine at that point.

Sorry wish I had better news. Perhaps someone else has a fix for something not as bad.
    yes, only K toner supply port is blocking and jamming the toner supply/waste toner drive - i've dismantled quite a few to fix the waste toner problem and can sort that in under 2 hours, but getting to that port looks like a nightmare

hopefully someone else will read this who has repaired this fault before

thanks for your post!!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

I don't know this machines but from what I've seen in manuals you have to clean somehow K toner supply tube/pipe. It may be clogged with caked toner and its useful capacity to transfer toner reduced.
    Maybe you can reach out from one side and push in through something like cable tie or wire to clear some more space for toner flow.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

We don't have any of these anymore, but my guys were inventing numerous types of auger systems to allow them to break the toner clumps up and then sucking them out..Another problem KM induced when they started using the cost saving PPLM and b&W default settings..In some cases color was never used and the toner becomes concrete..I think if you can get to the pipes on the rear side you can break up the clumps..Either way, there are no procedures for this, take plenty of pics.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by aAandy View Post
    hello everyone

this machines' K toner port is blocking up causing a horrid clicking sound in the toner/waste toner drive system - vacuum out the toner and she runs for a while before blocking up again! vacuumed from the top after removing the toner bottle and from the bottom by manually opening the spring loaded toner port. it seems to me the port augers are working, because once the toner is vacuumed the clicking sound stops as the augers are again free to move

it looks like a very big job to dismantle the machine and remove the K toner supply port assembly (to either repair or replace) but i was wondering if anyone has a quicker solution?

any and all tips warmly welcomed before i go stripping half the machine to get to that port

thanks in advance!!
    Hi, sent you PM.