Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Fiery IC-308 stuck in starting up mode/disconnected to C1070

Question Fiery IC-308 stuck in starting up mode/disconnected to C1070

The fiery in question of course was working without issue, turned it on to print some medical manuals and its disconnected on the monitor, starting up on the fiery display.....turning it off and on, no effect.

Its acting like a connection problem, swapped cables with the other fiery 308 nothing.

We were able to run the print job on our C70Hc, so no harm no foul.

Of course my detail printouts of the c1070's fiery printout are at work, from memory this IC-308 has older command station 5 or 5.5 and Version 1 or 1.1. Circa 2014.

Both fierys when powered up with the side covers off have the same green light on. Both Fiery's are the same model #, sticker inside. hardware the same.

Problem IC-308 can connect to and control our C71HC through the network oddly which I found good.

The Fiery from the C71HC version 2.0 with updated command station can connect directly to the C1070, but cannot see it over the network.

We are leaning towards motherboard, but before BOTH systems get issues with parts swapping, IE Bios I thought it best to ask here. We wouldn't swap the motherboards, but would have to acquire one. It couldn't be something as simple as IP conflict could it?

Any ideas, and most importantly what NOT to do!

Thanks

Eric

We didn't try and see if the problematic Fiery would connect directly to the C71HC.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

Re: Fiery IC-308 stuck in starting up mode/disconnected to C1070

if you suspect an IP conflict, remove the dummy plug from the 2nd ethernet port and plug the network into it, it's set for DHCP and should get a different address.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Red face Re: Fiery IC-308 stuck in starting up mode/disconnected to C1070

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    if you suspect an IP conflict, remove the dummy plug from the 2nd ethernet port and plug the network into it, it's set for DHCP and should get a different address.
    Update: Problem solved, software was corrupted. The saga to find the discs to reload system software was not fruitful, so I called Langraphix to discuss my options.

We sent out the server to Langraphix in IL, and it was upgraded to V2.1 with all the patches and came back with the complete media pack for 2.1 which is 8 discs. We also upgraded our other Fiery from V2.0 to V2.1, so now all is good, and a lot was learned about what NOT to do.....Can't say enough about the service we got!

Eric