Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    C224e duplex jams

C224e duplex jams

I've read some bulletins and old posts about this same issue but still didn't find a fix.

When duplexing paper will exit at bottom and jam, instead of normally coming out at top and pulled back in for 2nd side. If you put slight pressure on top of side door it works fine. Checked all the normal stuff, broken door hooks & plastic pieces the hooks latch to, turnover gate sticking, etc. Also tried adjusting the door slightly but didn't want to mess with it too much unless it's a definite fix.
    32-01 is jam code which there is a bulletin about putting on a pad to stop gate from sticking but not sure it's the fix in my case.

I've seen a few times on other machines where the bottom hook latch was broke and tray 2 wouldn't feed unless you put pressure on bottom of door, but tray 1 would feed fine fine. But never saw this one. Machine was moved recently and only has 22k total clicks. My thought is the movers strapped it too tight and door is out of alignment. Door looks like it is lining up perfect with top & bottom.

Anyone see this before or any ideas? My feeling is it has to be something simple but afraid to think that because every time I do it always turns out to be something big! Ha-ha

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by copyman; 04-10-2020 at 03:05 AM.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    C224e duplex jams

Re: C224e duplex jams

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    I've read some bulletins and old posts about this same issue but still didn't find a fix.

When duplexing paper will exit at bottom and jam, instead of normally coming out at top and pulled back in for 2nd side. If you put slight pressure on top of side door it works fine. Checked all the normal stuff, broken door hooks & plastic pieces the hooks latch to, turnover gate sticking, etc. Also tried adjusting the door a slightly but didn't want to mess with it too much unless it's a definite fix.
    32-01 is jam code which there is a bulletin about putting on a pad to stop gate from sticking but not sure it's the fix in my case.

I've seen a few times on other machines where the bottom hook latch was broke and tray 2 wouldn't feed unless you put pressure on bottom of door, but tray 1 would feed fine fine. But never saw this one. Machine was moved recently and only has 22k total clicks. My thought is the movers strapped it too tight and door is out of alignment. Door looks like it is lining up perfect with top & bottom.

Anyone see this before or any ideas? My feeling is it has to be something simple but afraid to think that because every time I do it always turns out to be something big! Ha-ha

Thanks in advance
    Does it jam every time on all paper sizes & from all trays & bypass ?

I guess you removed the sticky pads?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

C224e duplex jams

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Does it jam every time on all paper sizes & from all trays & bypass ?

I guess you removed the sticky pads?
    Thanks for the reply. Sorry should of included, it jams all sizes and all trays / bypass. Also should of included I've been there 2 times already and thought I had it working last time for sure after running 50 duplex without it jamming. When I go back it will jam consistently until I put pressure on "top" of side door. You would think for sure the plastic hook or latch was broken. Really weird.

Since the machine only has 22k clicks and pads were not sticky I didn't remove them. The bulletin says to add a piece of print head cleaning pad on top of sticky pad. Was going to do next visit even though pads didn't feel sticky.

Thanks again

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Have seen several times such a problem. All the times decision is as follows.

1. Remove Gate switch unit using chapter 5.7.2 in SM
    2. Look at the last photo in procedure - especially gate switch solenoid [4].
    3. Place 3 layers of isolandband on a metal chasis against solenoid's anchor.
    4. Confirm it's working. If not set one more layer.

Most of the cases 3/4/5 layers are enough.

Yes it is anoying to remove and reinstall unit for each layer. Yes You can't be sure if it works even making 50-100 double sided prints - unfortunatelly customer calls several days later and You have to back for next layer...

BR
    I'll never ask if I didn't check user manual, service manual, parts list, BSI/TNI/TAD... web, existing threads.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ivovb View Post
    Have seen several times such a problem. All the times decision is as follows.

1. Remove Gate switch unit using chapter 5.7.2 in SM
    2. Look at the last photo in procedure - especially gate switch solenoid [4].
    3. Place 3 layers of isolandband on a metal chasis against solenoid's anchor.
    4. Confirm it's working. If not set one more layer.

Most of the cases 3/4/5 layers are enough.

Yes it is anoying to remove and reinstall unit for each layer. Yes You can't be sure if it works even making 50-100 double sided prints - unfortunatelly customer calls several days later and You have to back for next layer...

BR
    That would be the fix.

Btw, no need to do several attempts on this gate switch solenoid, 2mm are enough.
    bizhub c364e jam 32-01
    Quote Originally Posted by FixStuff View Post
    This has fixed 3201/3205 for me a number of times.

-------------------------------

Article ID: KBA01500433

ErrorJam code 32-01

Root CauseJam code 32-01 occurs only on the first duplexed copy or print.

Workaround/FixCAUSE: Improper movement of the paper exit/reverse switch gate.

SOLUTION: Install a2mm thick mylar on the frame directly in front of the plunger for the Gate switch solenoid (SD3) as outlined in the illustration below.

Attachment 32081

A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

C224e duplex jams

Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    C224e duplex jams

i use 2 or 3 of the panel stickers that come with the machine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

C224e duplex jams

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    i use 2 or 3 of the panel stickers that come with the machine.
    You mean the user box, etc. strip of stickers that are never used? Only ones used are the fax/scan & copy.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    C224e duplex jams

yes, exactly!!
    sometimes i get stubborn and dont even take the unit out and ill pop the stickers on with forceps and a spring hook tool!
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    C224e duplex jams

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    yes, exactly!!
    sometimes i get stubborn and dont even take the unit out and ill pop the stickers on with forceps and a spring hook tool!
    What does putting a sticker in this location do exactly!?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk